Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-29 17:12:04

vdicarlo

Eureka! - Loving XFCE on Opensuse

I used Opensuse with KDE for a few years until the KDE folks apparently decided in about 2008 to have fun with the desktop instead of aiming for efficient functionality.  Didn't like the Gnome desktop, and not man enough to do without a gui,  so ended up using (gasp!) MS Windows for several years.  Windows 10 finally drove me so crazy I decided to see what was new in Linux.  Tried and didn't like Mint.  I love Yast. 

Finally looked seriously at Linux desktops and tried XFCE. Cue the triumphant choir! Efficient, usable, customizable, understandable.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I love Linux again.  Since I have enough drive space, I have installed much of KDE and Gnome for some of their apps, but run them on the XFCE desktop and get the best of all worlds--the great XFCE desktop, apps from other projects if I need, them, and the option to start another desktop if I need it.

Now that I have a good Linux gui again I'm planning to brush up my command line skills so I can also use them when it makes sense for me.

Wonderful!

#2 2016-12-29 17:16:12

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Eureka! - Loving XFCE on Opensuse

Hello and welcome. Totally agree with your comments.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer