Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-10 16:02:20

wet-dog
Website

Open Dialog window css help

Hi
I was hoping someone may know the css id/class, or if it is a gtkrc issue? The open Dialog window has columns, name, size, and modified. When the size column is not hidden I get a different fg/bg color for the columns. Column color differ depending on navigation. in this shot I need to changes the modified column.

fluxbb

Last edited by wet-dog (2017-02-10 22:49:38)

#2 2017-02-10 20:49:46

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Open Dialog window css help

The image link is broken.

Which open dialog are you referring to? From which application?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-02-10 22:57:51

wet-dog
Website

Hello
here is the url to img http://badbot.unaux.com/techs/170210_1.png

I just created the subdomain may not be propagated, but the link is working here. Cleaning browser temps now to check.

It is the open dialog on any app that uses open feature under file on menubars, gimp, editors,

#4 2017-02-11 00:08:13

ToZ
Administrator

Some apps use the GTK2 FileChooser dialog, some use the GTK3 FileChooser dialog. That looks like the GTK3 one. But definitely an interesting problem. I'm not even sure that you can do that with that widget, and yet, there it is.

What GTK3 theme are you using? Does the problem happen if you use another GTK theme?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2017-02-11 10:58:23

wet-dog
Website

It is a gtk3 hack from gnomes adwaita. But the default adwaita theme does the same thing. The only other Gtk3 theme I know for sure I have installed is Clearlooks Phenix. Every other row highlighted with black text. Kind of following the gtk2 side of things. But now I should be able to track it down in Clearlooks Phenix gtk.css. I do believe the widget I was looking for is "FileChooser ". As always a different perspective helps get back on course. Maybe close down the editor for a little while will help to.

#6 2017-02-11 18:39:57

ToZ
Administrator

wet-dog wrote:

It is a gtk3 hack from gnomes adwaita. But the default adwaita theme does the same thing.

Hmmm, it doesn't on my system. What distro are you using and version of GTK3 is being used?

The only other Gtk3 theme I know for sure I have installed is Clearlooks Phenix. Every other row highlighted with black text. Kind of following the gtk2 side of things. But now I should be able to track it down in Clearlooks Phenix gtk.css. I do believe the widget I was looking for is "FileChooser ". As always a different perspective helps get back on course. Maybe close down the editor for a little while will help to.

The FileChooser has a number of elements embedded in it and it looks like you are having an issue with the List Store. Start up gtk3-demo and have a look at the Pickers (double-click Pickers and view the File dialog) and the TreeView > (double-click) ListSort widgets. Do you get the same issue with them?

#7 2017-02-12 15:29:33

wet-dog
Website

Yep
Had to start over. Debian uses gnome-themes-standard (3.22.2-1), which brings in Adwaita. It is gtk+ 2 and imports gtk3 gtk-container-dark.css. So I change to gtk-container.css. So I purged gnome-themes-standard and deps. Re-installed, and started over. Should have never messed with the /usr/shared/themes/Adwaita/ files. I got a copy of gtk-container.css from git.gnome and started over. The open dialog column colors are working a crossed all apps now.

#8 2017-02-12 17:54:07

sixsixfive
Website

Its the GTK2 dialog since it has icons on buttons...

#9 2017-02-12 22:18:24

wet-dog
Website

sixsixfive wrote:

I never did find the class or ID, I think you are correct about gtk2 but dialog did not work. GtkTreeView::odd-row-color, and even, worked but not for the columns. It was like gtk2 for when the size column was hidden, and gtk3 when not. Starting over fixed, but did not help with learning. Some of the authors (maintainer) comments where taunting. 

# Disable active the column highlight
    # We need to match specific cells or we break stuff
    # Looking at you deadbeef

I have to upload the new css file to xfce-look now that it is working.

#10 2017-02-12 23:46:18

sixsixfive
Website

yes, because odd and even colors theme the cell/line backgrounds

also a simple text override should be enough for your font issue eg:

style"test"{
text[NORMAL]="#ff00ff"
text[PRELIGHT]="#ff00ff"
text[SELECTED]="#ff00ff"
text[ACTIVE]="#ff00ff"
text[INSENSITIVE]="#ff00ff"}
widget_class"*<GtkFileChooser>*<GtkTreeView>"style"test"

Last edited by sixsixfive (2017-02-12 23:46:39)

#11 2017-02-13 00:01:21

ToZ
Administrator

sixsixfive wrote:

Actually, the Xfce developers have created internal functions to create GTK3 buttons with images. I went with GTK3 as a guess based on the other elements in the screenshot. For example, the file chooser in mousepad built using GTK3 libraries looks like this:
screenshot2017-02-1219-00-20.php

@wet-dog, from which app is the screenshot from your first post? You can check to see which gtk it's built against by running something like:

ldd /usr/bin/APP | grep gtk

...where APP is the executable of the application.

#12 2017-02-13 04:43:49

wet-dog
Website

@ToZ

It was mousepad, But leafpad, gimp, and inkscape all returned same.

me@B85H3-M9:~$ ldd /usr/bin/mousepad | grep gtk
libgtksourceview-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtksourceview-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fdd8f929000)
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x00007fdd8f2e0000)

@sixsixfive

I found this in new gtkrc

# Treeview buttons
widget_class "*<GtkTreeView>*<GtkButton>*"                         style "treeview_header"

Under  style "treeview_header" { } There is @column colors prelight, normal. checking the old gtkrc for differences.

#13 2017-02-13 15:44:48

sixsixfive
Website

>widget_class "*<GtkTreeView>*<GtkButton>*"

that styles the headers at the top of the treeviews(modified, name, size)

>There is @column colors prelight, normal. checking the old gtkrc for differences.

if there is a @-sign then its a symbolic color  that is most likely defined at the top of your gtkrc eg:

gtk_color_scheme = "test1:#ff00ff\ntest2:#ffff00\ntest3t:#00ffff"

>Actually, the Xfce developers have created internal functions to create GTK3 buttons with images.

oh i didn't know that, however the gtk2 one has still a treeview for the places/favorites the gtk3 one uses the placessidebar

Board footer