Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-03 00:36:55

leegold

A Way to turn Off Scroll Bar Warping that Works?

Hi,

I have search and tried everything nothing has worked. I want to stop all scroll warping. All scrolling must be  the normal click and you go one page up/down with a little overlap to show were you've been and ensure no missed content.

Please don't suggest the usual - it didn't work.

~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

And add the following:

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = false

Doesn't work. Or:

GTK2 by removing the line

gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = 1

from /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Doesn't work.

I got to turn this OFF! How? Using Xubuntu 16.04.

Also, right clicking the scroll bar does not work either, it makes it go up/down one line, NOT one page.

Please How? Can you make a setting button?

Also the gimmick were the scroll bar disappears unless you mouse over it is not something I'd ever want, but that I could  turn off, the warping I can't so far. Thanks

#2 2016-09-05 19:34:57

leegold

Re: A Way to turn Off Scroll Bar Warping that Works?

hi,

I'd recommend a config check box to return normal scrollbar behavior. For a serious user on a workstation who needs to increment content page by page and cannot afford to miss anything these scrollbar changes are a catastrophe. I'm leaving  as much as possible all GTK and thus Xfce tools. You can have the mobile eye-candy...enjoy it.

#3 2017-02-11 14:36:57

merc68k

+1, this is really annoying behavior, I don't understand why anyone would want this instead of the traditional page-by-page scrolling...!

#4 2017-02-11 20:56:17

MountainDewManiac

merc68k wrote:

+1, this is really annoying behavior, I don't understand why anyone would want this instead of the traditional page-by-page scrolling...!

I'd have to agree. Only real utility that I see is for those who are physically unable to perform the "click-and-hold whilst dragging" maneuver. And I suppose that there are such people using Xfce, so I have no problems with the "feature" in and of itself, and would not wish to see it removed altogether. However, the percentage of those people must be vanishingly small - as opposed to being the vast majority - and, therefore, this thing ought to be an opt-in option instead of the (hard to disable) default. Make it an option that must be chosen in order to operate this way and stick it in the Settings / Accessibility menu area. Those who require it due to their special needs would probably look for it there, either specifically or as a part of the "what can this DE do to help me" general search - and those who have neither need nor want would never even see the option, lol.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2017-02-11 20:57:01)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer