Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-19 02:22:02

Sideburns
Website

[Solved] Disabling Compiz

Currently, my main desktop is still on Fedora 21, with Xfce and Compiz but I need to do a complete reinstall, only keeping my /home, which is on its own partition for safety.  Alas, it's not booting and I don't see any other way to get it working so I'm running off of a flash drive with the newest version of Fedora.  I know from trying it on this flash drive that Compiz isn't working and won't even start.  (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1412437 if you're interested.)  I can reach into my old home folder and tweak things if needed, and it looks like a good idea to disable Compiz until the bug is fixed before I get started.  If anybody knows how to do that, I'd appreciate learning how.  Thanx!

Last edited by Sideburns (2017-03-23 00:10:03)

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#2 2017-03-21 01:33:28

Sideburns
Website

Re: [Solved] Disabling Compiz

Looking around the partition on my hard drive that contains /home, I found /home/USER/.config/autostart/Compiz.desktop.  I've renamed it to Compiz.desktop.old, and with luck that will prevent Compiz from starting up until the bug gets fixed.  I'll report back later, and let you know what happens.

#3 2017-03-23 00:09:13

Sideburns
Website

Re: [Solved] Disabling Compiz

I've now done a clean install of Fedora 25, keeping my old /home, and all is working well.  I'll install Compiz again once that bug gets fixed, but for now there's no complaints or issues because it's not there.  I'll mark this as solved in case anybody else ever needs this.

Board footer