Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-29 00:31:10

aidan

Bold font for toggled panel button.

Hello everyone. I'm trying to learn about making GTK themes and have been going through one, making little fixes in inconsistencies where possible and making adjustments. One thing that I would like to implement is a change in the font style for active / toggled panel buttons for the task-list panel plugin. It's called "Window Buttons" in the panel menu.

I would like for the font in the active button to become bold without affecting the text in the other panel buttons. Here's a screenshot to demonstrate.

UDKY3QC.png]

Panel label "A" is without any font changes. Panel label "B" is with the font change that I would like to achieve. This provides more emphasis for the current active button. I'm unsure of how to go about in setting this up correctly in my theme.

I would appreciate any help for this. Thanks!

Edit: One more thing if it's not too much to ask. Is there a way to remove the round corners of the selected icon backdrop, as seen below?

rO4TqLg.png

I would like to achieve the sharp corners as seen in label "B."

Last edited by aidan (2017-04-29 02:12:45)

#2 2017-04-29 02:49:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Bold font for toggled panel button.

Hello and welcome.

I would like for the font in the active button to become bold without affecting the text in the other panel buttons.

I'm not sure that this is possible with gtk2. You can however, change the colour of the normal and active states and have different colours displayed - say a pure black for the active button and a more grey colour for the others. Try something like this in ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

style "text-tasklist"
{
	fg[NORMAL] = "#676767"
	fg[ACTIVE] = "#000000"
}
widget "*tasklist*" style "text-tasklist"

...adjust the colours to suit,

Edit: One more thing if it's not too much to ask. Is there a way to remove the round corners of the selected icon backdrop, as seen below?

There appears to be an undocumented style property for xfdesktop called "label-radius" that affects the roundness of the icon text background. Try:

style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {
    XfdesktopIconView::label-radius = 0.99
}
widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"

...and use any number below 1.0. It looks very basic and doesn't leave alot of space around the text, but the backround shape is a rectangle. The other option you have here is to remove the background altogether so that it isn't displayed. See: http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfdesktop/advanced.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-04-29 03:32:27

aidan

ToZ wrote:

There appears to be an undocumented style property for xfdesktop called "label-radius" that affects the roundness of the icon text background.

Awesome!

I can see what you mean about the lack of padding around the text, It looks well enough for what I'm aiming for though.

Too bad on the active bold font.

Thanks for the help. I'll might have a few more questions in the short future as I'm working on this in my spare time.

#4 2017-04-29 10:47:36

ToZ
Administrator

Too bad on the active bold font.

Is the image you have displayed in your original post from an existing theme, or is it a composite image that you created?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2017-04-30 03:31:22

aidan

A composite image that I made up for the post. Same with the desktop shortcut icon. If it were from an actual theme, I would be all over it hunting down how it's being done.

Board footer