Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-10 21:06:00

tuxolero

[SOLVED] Clipboard broken in GTK Applications

Hi,

I'm using XCFE on ArchLinux. Since today's update, I can not copy anything to the clipboard from GTK applications like geany, firefox, ... It works from XFCE applications such as xfce4-terminal, mousepad, ...
However, pasting into these GTK applications works.

While writing this post, I was experimenting a little and noticed one more strange thing about this issue: After copying multiple things from mousepad, copying from firefox suddenly worked. I could paste it afterwards, but clipman still displayed "Clipboard is empty". When I copied text from mouspad, it was shown in clipman.

In todays update, gtk3 was upgraded from 3.22.10-1 to 3.22.13-1.

Edit:
Copying something from e.g. mousepad fixed the problem only temporarily and not reproducable.
Still in the same XFCE session, it stopped working after some time. And this time, I could not get it back working just by copying stuff from mousepad or xfce4-terminal.
And the X clipboard (just hilight something without pressing Ctrl-C and paste it with a middle-click) is also affected.

Thanks,
tuxolero

Last edited by tuxolero (2017-05-11 20:08:22)

#2 2017-05-11 20:02:52

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Clipboard broken in GTK Applications

There are a number of threads in the Arch forums about the recent gtk3 upgrading breaking clipboard functionality.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-05-11 20:07:45

tuxolero

Re: [SOLVED] Clipboard broken in GTK Applications

There was another gtk upgrade today that solved the problem.

Board footer