Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-23 09:08:24

deleted14
Website

Some request - first time i use

Hi, like my "hello" > https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=11628

I've some requests:
1) how i can customize (a right setting, or a little tool) menu-app icon size?
i'll find something like this, and seems to work, but (by google) seems to exist more version of this command and i don't wont start to experiment withouut know exactly how this work hmm

example-command wrote:

set /Gtk/IconSizes to "panel-applications-menu=32,32:gtk-menu=32,32:panel-directory-menu=32,32"

2) grab screen app (istantanea in italian), can upload to imgur. but this do not upload in imgur account and i cannot found a way to setup... help on this?

3) as from screen (hellp topic) i've just one panel, buthis name is "panel 2). can i rename to panel 1?

4) latest: is there any way (or tool) to customize menu app and move/delete any elements?

i think, atm, that'is all big_smile

thanks in advance,
and sorry for my poor english (i hope can be understandable).

kind regards,
S.N.

#2 2017-05-23 18:50:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Some request - first time i use

1. Which menu applet are you using? Whisker menu or the built-in Applications Menu. There are some commands in this thread that show how to set those values.

2. This is not currently possible. Here is an existing bug report.

3. There is no way to do this via internal tools. However, this information is saved in ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-prechannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml. You can try editing this file while not logged in to see if it works (I have not tested this). Make sure you back up the file before you start in case something goes wrong, or test it in a second unimportant account.

4. If you are referring to editing the contents of the menu, here is the Xfce documented way. Menu editors do exist (search for menulibre, alacarte, xame) but each one seems to be buggy.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-05-23 19:19:03

deleted14
Website

Re: Some request - first time i use

ToZ wrote:

1. Which menu applet are you using? Whisker menu or the built-in Applications Menu. There are some commands in this thread that show how to set those values.

thank'u! Whisker is a news for me and i really appreciate this (now, thanks to this post, is my default menu manager big_smile

ToZ wrote:

2. This is not currently possible. Here is an existing bug report.

ok, sad, but i hope for future!

ToZ wrote:

3. There is no way to do this via internal tools. However, this information is saved in ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-prechannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml. You can try editing this file while not logged in to see if it works (I have not tested this). Make sure you back up the file before you start in case something goes wrong, or test it in a second unimportant account.

thanks. isn't a real problem. maybe is best, simply, to ignore tongue

ToZ wrote:

4. If you are referring to editing the contents of the menu, here is the Xfce documented way. Menu editors do exist (search for menulibre, alacarte, xame) but each one seems to be buggy.

ok, thanks for report. anyway, with Whisker, i have some best result thanks to favorite menu. so, can be ok smile

---
thank'u so much for reply.

regards,
S.N.

Board footer