Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-24 13:32:25

nephilim

[Solved] Window Manager Settings - Tile window to the left/right not..

Hello fellow users!

I have a problem with the setting "Tile window to the left/right" which is located at "Window Manager Settings > Keyboard". It works on my workplace XFCE, but not at home, which is a shame because it's really nice feature smile

Here is a screenshot of the settings-tab which I mean:
Window Manager Settings - Tile window to the left/right

XFCE version is 4.12

Last edited by nephilim (2017-07-25 07:48:48)

#2 2017-07-24 20:04:24

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Window Manager Settings - Tile window to the left/right not..

Hello and welcome.

Make sure you don't have just Super mapped to some other command. There is an unresolved issue in Xfce that when Super only is used as a shortcut key, it will not process any other Super+ key combinations (because the processing is done on key press not release).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-07-24 20:32:23

MountainDewManiac

ToZ wrote:

Make sure you don't have just Super mapped to some other command. There is an unresolved issue in Xfce that when Super only is used as a shortcut key, it will not process any other Super+ key combinations (because the processing is done on key press not release).

Could a person remap "Super as a menu-opening key" to Super plus left Alt? I think I could press both buttons with the same finger (and my fingers are not freakishly large). I do this all the time with the mouse(pad) buttons to emulate button #3, so I doubt it would take many repetitions before it became a habit.

This would presumably leave the option open to create other things that use the Super key, yet still (sort of) retain the default menu-opening behavior.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2017-07-24 22:56:24

ozjd
Website

ToZ wrote:

You can get around that with something like Ksuperkey (which despite the name isn't part of KDE). It works well.

#5 2017-07-25 03:42:11

nephilim

This sounds very much like a working solution. Currently my super-key opens the Whisker-menu. There is no setting for that in the "Window Manager Settings" as far as I can see. Do you know where that setting might be?

---

Could a person remap "Super as a menu-opening key" to Super plus left Alt? I think I could press both buttons with the same finger (and my fingers are not freakishly large). I do this all the time with the mouse(pad) buttons to emulate button #3, so I doubt it would take many repetitions before it became a habit.

This would presumably leave the option open to create other things that use the Super key, yet still (sort of) retain the default menu-opening behavior.

I could try this, yes. But like above, I do not know where this "Super as a menu-opening key" -setting is sad

#6 2017-07-25 03:45:24

ozjd
Website

nephilim wrote:

I could try this, yes. But like above, I do not know where this "Super as a menu-opening key" -setting is sad

It will be set in Settings - Keyboard - Application Shortcuts, the command will be xfce4-popup-whiskermenu

#7 2017-07-25 07:48:04

nephilim

It will be set in Settings - Keyboard - Application Shortcuts, the command will be xfce4-popup-whiskermenu

That did the trick, thank you all!

Board footer