Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-30 15:05:12

Tecktron

Mouse, long press to be right click

In light of Ubuntu going to GNOME, I've been looking at the other flavors. Unity may have never been the best but it's what got me in using Linux full time and I've just stuck with it. Now that I'm alot more comfortable with everything, I'm ready to switch it up. So far XFCE, more specifically Xubuntu, is my top running choice (with MATE coming in behind that, sorry but GNOME wasn't for me). So far the choice is pretty obvious, which is why I"m here.

However, there is one thing I've having difficulty with, I was wondering how to setup the long press on the mouse to be a right click?

I run on a Macbook (it's a work machine, and I didn't get a choice, but I basically wiped it and installed Ubuntu cause I don't really like OSX), and although nice hardware, the thing about it being a Mac is that it has only has a one button mouse (it's kind of feels insulting). While I do plug in a two button mouse most of the there, there are time where that's just not going to happen (like when I'm traveling and need to take care of something quickly, or I just for got to bring one). This was easily done in Unity (in the Mouse Preferences, Accessibility tab), but I can't seem to find this same setting in XFCE anywhere. Any ideas how to switch this on?

Cheers!

Last edited by Tecktron (2017-07-30 16:22:44)

#2 2017-07-30 23:03:02

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Mouse, long press to be right click

Hello and welcome.

Xfce doesn't have this feature yet. However, you can use the gnome mousetweaks package inside of Xfce. Install the package and run this command:

mousetweaks --ssc --ssc-time=1.0

...to get the long press of the mouse button to trigger the secondary button. The 1.0 indicates the delay time. If this works for you, you can also use the "--daemonize" parameter to have it run continuously in the background. Add this command to your application startup to have it run automatically on log in.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-07-31 15:51:16

Tecktron

Re: Mouse, long press to be right click

Awesome, just what I was looking for!
Cheers!

Board footer