Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-03 10:02:03

mingle

Thunar - request feature(s)?

Hi guys,

New to the site, relatively familiar with Linux (Mint xfce 64-bit)...

Just wondering where/who/etc is the best way to request a new feature in Thunar?

I'm no programmer, so there's no chance I could even think about implementing a change!

The first change I'm thinking about is the ability to have the side-pane have a tree-view option
that does NOT display hidden files, even when the main file-window is set to do so.

Cheers,

Mike.

#2 2017-08-03 10:27:15

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar - request feature(s)?

Hello and welcome.

All enhancement requests should go in the bug tracker. However, two things to keep in mind:

1. The current emphasis for Xfce development is on GTK3 migration.
2. The odds of having a new feature implemented are greatly improved if the code is provided.

There are alot of requests for features and few programmers to implement them. As is the nature with almost all opensource development, the features that interest the developers tend to be developed first.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-08-04 09:29:11

MountainDewManiac

Wasn't there mention a while back of some kind of bounty program, where a person (or group of people, I suppose) could offer a bounty for doing something of this sort? Or am I thinking of a different linux thing?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2017-08-04 11:33:23

ToZ
Administrator

MountainDewManiac wrote:

Wasn't there mention a while back of some kind of bounty program, where a person (or group of people, I suppose) could offer a bounty for doing something of this sort? Or am I thinking of a different linux thing?

Regards,
MDM

Xfce bountysource

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer