Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-15 18:45:34

kaphu

Changing Appearance style for individual applications

Hey,

Is there a way to use specific appearance style for selected applications in xfce? My problem is that I would like to use the Vertex-Maia-Dark theme, but it makes some of the applications look horrible. For example, I don't want the dark theme to apply some of my browser's input boxes.

Here are some examples what I mean:

On the picture below Vertex-Maia (light) theme is active and as you can see Firefox and Dolphin presents their components as they should, but GVIM has this white random bordering line.
Vertex-_Maia.png

On the picture below Vertex-Maia-Dark theme is active and now Firefox and Dolphin got messed up but GVIM looks alright.
Vertex-_Maia-_Dark.png

#2 2017-10-16 09:40:50

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Changing Appearance style for individual applications

Hello and welcome.

These really aren't Xfce issues but rather GTK themeing issues.

Here is a link that discusses how to force a specific per-application GTK theme.

And here is a link that offers options to deal with firefox dark input fields when using a dark field.

As for the gvim white line, isn't that the scrollbar? If you don't want to see it, you could hide it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-10-26 00:23:51

kaphu

Re: Changing Appearance style for individual applications

Hey,

Sorry for late reply. I managed to get everything working some way or another with the help of the links you provided.

Thanks!

Board footer