Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-16 14:19:01

zerker
Website

GTK Themes not loading from /usr/local/share/themes

So I'm having a weird issue. After finally realizing the implications of the /usr vs /usr/local divide, I've started moving some of my customizations (fonts, themes, icons) from my home folder into /usr/local. Icons and fonts work great, but I'm having issues with themes.

xfwm4 themes work great. No problems.

GTK themes show up in the appearance selector. However, when I go to actually SELECT the themes, I get the combination of Raleigh/Adwaita instead of the actual theme.

Any suggestions?

For the record, I'm running Xubuntu 16.04 LTS on my main machine, but I also reproduced the issue on a Debian 9 install.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with FreeBSD, but then all themes (and Xfce itself) are in /usr/local, so it's probably configured differently.

Any suggestions?

#2 2017-12-16 16:43:10

sixsixfive
Website

Re: GTK Themes not loading from /usr/local/share/themes

debian does not use standard unix paths, that means they are using /usr instead of /usr/local so until you rebuild gtk with prefix=/usr/local you have to copy your themes to /usr/share/themes

Last edited by sixsixfive (2017-12-16 16:43:49)

#3 2017-12-17 14:17:23

zerker
Website

Re: GTK Themes not loading from /usr/local/share/themes

That's a bit of an unfortunate design decision. To avoid directly cluttering my /usr/share/themes folder (and making it difficult to migrate later), I've found creating symlinks works as well.

Board footer