Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-19 20:44:20

acppcoder

xfwm suggestion: mouse wheel on titlebar - 'take-to-desktop' option

how about an option for the mouse wheel to take a window between desktops: you already have the association of the mouse wheel with desktop switching from using it on the background; this would allow rapid management of windows between desktops without fiddly menu use / sticky-button manipulation; I've seen this option in sawfish and it's great

#2 2018-01-19 21:17:37

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfwm suggestion: mouse wheel on titlebar - 'take-to-desktop' option

It would be interesting. We already have the keyboard shortcuts to move a window to the next or previous workspace and it keeps the window still but moves the workspace behind it around. Something replicating that with mouse wheel roll on the title bar might be interesting.

You can create the request with the bug tracker to see what the developer thinks.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-01-21 22:09:35

acppcoder

Re: xfwm suggestion: mouse wheel on titlebar - 'take-to-desktop' option

i'll take a look at the bug tracker.. i tend not to stay focussed on these disparate boards, but I'll give it a go ( I collaborate a bit more over GitHub )

I've got an implementation of this in a personal version of XFWM4 .. I like the way it works  but (i) I dont have a UI option to enable it (it's permanent), and (ii) I dont have a convenient way of superimposing it over a desktop environment/xfce install .. i tend to just update and go with the defaults a bit more

Board footer