Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-24 17:11:50

Resorbable

Thunar, difficulty in selecting files...

Thunar 1.56.10 on Linux Mint 17 32 bit.

I'm having a minor problem selecting files. I've got Thunar set to 'Single click to activate items'. When I'm moving a number of files around I sometimes find that although the underline appears under the file name when I hover the cursor, the coloured cursor fails to move to the file. I can reliably fix the problem by clicking in the empty space below the file names, but when there's no empty space I cannot find a way to return the normal hover-to-select behaviour.

Any advice?

#2 2018-01-31 19:53:38

alcornoqui

Re: Thunar, difficulty in selecting files...

I'm having trouble understanding your issue, could you please rephrase it?

#3 2018-02-01 16:15:05

Resorbable

Re: Thunar, difficulty in selecting files...

I'm using Xfce on Linux Mint 17.3 32 bit. In Thunar I've changed from the default of 'double click to activate items' to 'single click to activate items' in 'Preferences' 'Behaviour' tab. Most of the time things work as expected, that is, when I hover the cursor over a file name an underline immediately appears, and after a short pause the background of the file name turns green, indicating it is selected.

Sometimes the underline appears immediately but the background colour change fails to happen. I can restore the normal behaviour by clicking in the white space below the file names.

However, when there is no white space, because the window has enough files to fill it, I can't find a way to restore the normal behaviour. This is only a problem if I'm selecting multiple files, as just clicking on the file name activates the default action for that type of file even when the highlight fails to appear.

Board footer