Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-25 03:48:11

Art2

Icons on trash show locked/readonly emblems

When I open the trash directory with Thunar looks that the files inside are read-only and this is not the case because I can modify or delete them:

2E0.png
(the readlony emblems are not displayed with other file manager.)

Is there a way to fix this? could not find any post or bug report about it

#2 2018-03-25 14:13:49

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Icons on trash show locked/readonly emblems

They're actually nowrite emblems, not read-only (small but mostly irrelevant detail). The icon for it is called emblems-nowrite in your icon theme's emblems folder. Looking at the code, there doesn't appear to be a way to eliminate the use of emblems on only the trash directory. The best I can see of optionally displaying them in the shortcuts or tree pane of thunar (https://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/tree/t … ces.c#n714).

So you may want to create a bug report/enhancement request for it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-03-25 15:05:12

MountainDewManiac

Instead of a padlock, perhaps it should be styled to resemble a quill pen with the traditional diagonal slash through it.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2018-03-25 16:58:58

Art2

What is the definition of nowrite properity that make it diferent to read-only? from my experience is that it can be deleted or moved but not modified. said that, the padlock is confusing and other icon should be using like MDM says.

#5 2018-03-25 17:11:39

Art2

I just noticed that I can modified the files is I open them with other file manager, so this permission only relaps on Thunar

#6 2018-03-25 20:21:29

ToZ
Administrator

Thunar is built on a number of freedesktop specs. In the case of the Trash, it makes use of the Trash Specification. You can read more about it at that link,.

When accessing the trash through Thunar's "Trash" link, it uses gvfs libraries and functions. This is what controls the editing of files etc. That being said, you can always manually navigate to the trash (usually at ~/.local/share/Trash) and manually edit the trashed files in the "files" directory. Naturally, when you do this you are defeating the whole purpose of the Trash in the first place which is to be able to successfully restore a trashed file.

What is the definition of nowrite properity that make it diferent to read-only?

There's really no difference, other than the emblem icon name that is being used (in case you wanted to change the icon).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer