Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-04 13:43:32

dlupfer

Application Text Missing From Panel

Good morning,

On my application list located on my top left panel (where it shows by default in XFCE) I noticed the text "Applications" is missing. I still have the "X" graphic which can be used to open/close the menu, but the text is gone. If I go into the panel settings and toggle on/off the "Show Button Title" option, I see the panel shifts a hair like it is making space for it, but it never does show up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Dan

#2 2018-04-04 20:24:21

alcornoqui

Re: Application Text Missing From Panel

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I can't replicate it in Xubuntu 16.04, with Xfce 4.12, what are you using?

You have some text in the "Button title" textbox, right? Because I notice the effect you mention when I toggle on/off the "Show Button Title" option with an empty textbox.

#3 2018-04-05 14:26:17

dlupfer

Re: Application Text Missing From Panel

Good morning! Guess I really was that blind it didn't notice that text box. Typed "Applications" back into the box and everything is back to normal. Now, not sure how it happened in the first place as I've never opened that window up before... but the cat does like to do some typing (key walking) when I'm not looking, so I guess she could've done it.

In other news, love XFCE! Every Linux box Iv'e had in the past 10 years or so gets its existing window manager removed and XFCE installed, this has been the first, while stupid on my part, problem I've had.

--Dan

Board footer