Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-22 07:38:58

sagaraliasjacky

GTK Theme Color Config Application

"Theme configuration" application is a great move in xfce desktop, since non-programming newbies can easily adjust colors according to their wish with respect to each themes.
1) I would like to know if we change the colors which config file it get updated?

2)  I would like to know codes for "Custom Menu Colors", "Custom Panel Colors", "Custom Highlight Colors" to make changes in my greybird theme file itself and in which file I need to do it as well.

I am a non-coder and a newbie as well, kindly post a reply,

#2 2017-12-22 11:37:20

ToZ
Administrator

Re: GTK Theme Color Config Application

Hello and welcome.

"Theme configuration" or gtk-theme-config is not actually an Xfce component. It is written and maintained by a third party. Looking at the code, changes seem to affect the following:

• ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (for gtk2 config changes)

• ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css (for gtk3 changes)

• the /Gtk/ColorScheme property in xfconf's xsettings channel

You can look there to see the colour codes that are being used.

The last time I used this appliation I noticed that when I reset the changes, it deleted all of my other custom configurations in the 2 gtk config files, which was a little annoying. So you need to be careful and maintain backups of those files or put your custom changes in different files and reference those files from within those two.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-12-22 21:08:18

ozjd
Website

It appears gtk-theme-config is dead. There has been no work done on it apart from some translations in 4 years.

The overwriting existing config issue was reported 3 years ago but nothing has happened - https://github.com/satya164/gtk-theme-config/issues/12

#4 2018-05-08 12:37:59

thierrybo

ozjd wrote:

It appears gtk-theme-config is dead. There has been no work done on it apart from some translations in 4 years.

The overwriting existing config issue was reported 3 years ago but nothing has happened - https://github.com/satya164/gtk-theme-config/issues/12

Hi,

while it is true there is not activity on the official github, maybe look at the Ubuntu launchpad version, there is a (little) more activity, version is not 1.0.1 but 1.2.1 and some bugs have been fixed.

Board footer