Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-17 23:36:01

Mellowbob

Title bar changing

Just noticed on some applications, primarily mahjongg and evince, the title bar is different from other applications. These, I believe are gtk4 applications ... but how/why do they manage the title bar I've adopted for every other application. Biggest difference is the ugly RED X for terminate smile

#2 2018-09-17 23:59:09

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Title bar changing

Those are probably client-side decorations. There is a way to remove them using gtk3-nocd.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-09-18 00:26:02

Mellowbob

Great ... and I'll skip the "why would they not have an OFF option" rant smile

Checked my ubuntu repository and it's there! Download, log out, log in and everything is great.

Thanks.

#4 2018-09-18 13:05:11

MountainDewManiac

That's actually good material for a rant, IMHO (although, admittedly, beyond the scope of this forum). Soon after I was first introduced to Linux years ago, I was playing some random '80s coin-op port - and, not knowing the tricks for getting out of a bad situation (even in linux wink ), I found myself flipping the switch on the power strip.

And the general lack of an "off button" in Android apps causes me to steam on a daily basis.

BTW, I'm glad that your issue had, basically, a one-step solution.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer