Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-19 23:09:47

ToddAndMargo
Member
Registered: 2008-04-13
Posts: 26

see through xfce4-notes

Hi All,

Fedora 29
Xfce 4.13
xfce4-notes-plugin-1.8.1-20.fc29.x86_64

For some reason, I can now see a fuzzy image of what is behind my xfce4-notes windows.  It is annoying/distracting.  How can I stop this see through behaviour?

Many thanks,
-T

Offline

#2 2018-11-20 00:34:08

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 4,860

Re: see through xfce4-notes

Is this still with the Adwaita appearance theme?
Do you have anything in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css?

Offline

#3 2018-11-20 00:49:31

ToddAndMargo
Member
Registered: 2008-04-13
Posts: 26

Re: see through xfce4-notes

ToZ wrote:

Is this still with the Adwaita appearance theme?
Do you have anything in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css?

The theme says "default".   That directory is empty

Offline

#4 2018-11-20 01:31:11

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 4,860

Re: see through xfce4-notes

Just had a look through the source code.

Edit the file ~/.config/xfce4/xfce4-notes.rc and change the Transparency value to 0. You may need to do this while xfce4-notes is not running.

Offline

#5 2018-11-20 01:49:54

ToddAndMargo
Member
Registered: 2008-04-13
Posts: 26

Re: see through xfce4-notes

ToZ wrote:

Just had a look through the source code.

Edit the file ~/.config/xfce4/xfce4-notes.rc and change the Transparency value to 0. You may need to do this while xfce4-notes is not running.

I have go like 50 files like:
           xfce4-notes.rc.WNHBJZ

How do I tell which one?

and lots of transparencies

$ grep -i trans xfce4-notes.rc.WNHBJZ
Transparency=7
Transparency=7
Transparency=7

Offline

#6 2018-11-20 02:10:06

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 4,860

Re: see through xfce4-notes

Make sure that xfce4-notes isn't running. Then change the xfce4-notes.rc file only. That should do the trick.

If that doesn't work, try moving out all of the other files to a temp location and change just the xfce4-notes.rc file then restart xfce4-notes.

Offline

#7 2018-11-20 02:33:18

ToddAndMargo
Member
Registered: 2008-04-13
Posts: 26

Re: see through xfce4-notes

ToZ wrote:

Make sure that xfce4-notes isn't running. Then change the xfce4-notes.rc file only. That should do the trick.

If that doesn't work, try moving out all of the other files to a temp location and change just the xfce4-notes.rc file then restart xfce4-notes.

I logged out, dropped to <ctrl><alt>f2> and manually edited with vi.  Then logged back in.  Did the trick.  Thank you!

It was set to 8.  The three editions of it were each of my three notes windows.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB