Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-23 16:09:06

Skaperen

the line Exec= in .desktop file

can i use a relative path for Exec= in a .desktop file, relative to the directory the .desktop file is in?  that is, can i have "Exec=foo" in bar.desktop and put both foo and bar.desktop in the same directory, and reference file foo correctly?

#2 2019-02-23 18:32:38

ctac

Re: the line Exec= in .desktop file

Strange question, can't you try yourself ? roll

#3 2019-02-23 19:20:06

Skaperen

Re: the line Exec= in .desktop file

ctac wrote:

Strange question, can't you try yourself ? roll

trying it is complex, but i did.  i had get other work saved and this involved a variety of tests including logging out 7 times.  but i was also test how well i could launch multiple apps into different workspaces while the display was switached to a different userid (another one of the 18 that i use).

relatives does work but it is only relative to the user's home directory.  this means i can make generic.desktop files that any user can copy and use but must have the same subdirectory layout (which is not a problem for my 18 userids).

i can have things like terminals and web browsers auto start after my setup system has switched to that user for the first time (logs it in) and moved on to the next user.

there is a group in /etc/group named "nopasswdlogin" which lightdm will allow logging in w/o entering a password.  other login modes such as ssh. or using su, still require a password if one is set.  this lets me switch around between userids rapidly.  i need to make a good user switch app to get rid of the final Unity thing i am using, so i can say my laptop is pure Xfce.  Whiskers will be soooo happy.

Board footer