Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-13 07:14:36

hrkucuk

Hello fellows!

Hi guys! I am using xfce4 since over many years by now and I finally felt that urgent need to meet people who like what I like!

Other DMs like unity or gnome keep coming in my way but I dont betray xfce4. Actually I need to confess, sometimes I fell victim to the cool animations or blurry backgrounds behind active windows of classy DMs and switched from time to time. But I always came back to xfce4 after getting confused and frustrated with other DMs becase everything feels overly detailed and overly configured when you are used to xfce!

For all these years ( i think i am an active xfc4 user since 2013), I used xfce all by my own and learned alone. I tried to find this love of simplicity in other people but I failed. Right now i really feel like I need to find other humans who use and appreciate xfce4. To make me feel like I am not a crazy dude for not switching to gnome or plasma.

xfce4 just rules.

love you all.

bests
hrkucuk

#2 2019-06-13 19:44:22

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello fellows!

hrkucuk wrote:

Hi guys! I am using xfce4 since over many years by now and I finally felt that urgent need to meet people who like what I like!

You're in the right place. Welcome!

xfce4 just rules.

Yes.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-06-29 21:20:14

juanfon

Re: Hello fellows!

Hi and welcome!
I was once or twice overwhelmed by those compiz 3d cubes and shiny overlays and whatever but nowadays (Im 42) I prefer a lightweight yet super practical desktop which I can theme, in my personal taste, like old BeOS 5!
And I plan to install xfce4 in my next raspberry pi 4 too!

!# (no comments wink

Board footer