Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-09 02:34:51

ImmortalFirefly

Multiple Monitors Issue. Some displays "stuck" together

Just was testing out XFCE 4.12 on xfdesktop 4.13.3 on a Fedora 29 install. I have a Dell M4700 laptop with the Intel/Nvidia k1000m dual gpu. I can get all 4 monitors working under Nouveau (just like in Gnome) but the one odd thing I have found is that in the Display settings, monitors 1 and 2 will only be arranged around each other, and monitor 3 and 4 will be arranged around each other but I can't arrange those two groups in each other. For example, I can move monitor 2 all around monitor 1 so it's on the top, or the left/right side, but I can't move monitor 2 to be on say the right side of monitor 4. I can't move it over to monitor 4 because it seems it's "stuck" to monitor 1 and won't let go like it's anchored to monitor 1. Same behavior happens to monitor 3-4. Am I just missing a setting somewhere? I'm going to guess that this has something to do with the drivers as my laptop and VGA monitor are 1 and 2, and monitor 3-4 are two DVI monitors running off the Nvidia card and maybe they don't mix well. Worded another way, my monitors can be arranged 1-2-3-4 or 2-1-4-3 or, but I can't arrange them 1-3-2-4 or 1-4-2-3, etc.

Does this make sense? I can describe it better if it would be helpful. TIA

#2 2019-07-09 11:03:18

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Multiple Monitors Issue. Some displays "stuck" together

Hello and welcome.

Interesting finding. I would suggest that you create a bug report against the xfce4-settings > display component for the developer to look at. I imagine there aren't too many people using the development version of Xfce with 4 monitors. If this turns out to be a bug it would be beneficial to get it fixed before 4.14 lands later this summer.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-07-09 14:53:17

ImmortalFirefly

Re: Multiple Monitors Issue. Some displays "stuck" together

Board footer