Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-10 04:36:04

juanprm

[SOLVED] Applications to the right and Slack icon problem

Hello, i have a few launchers, it works great, but i have a problem, when i open and app, using the launcher or not, the app stays in the left area of the bar, i want to the app stays in the right area of the bar.

The other problem is that the Slack icon won't show up correctly, i attached the evidence.

0GHYFOk.png

Check that i have a few applications open (including slack with the icon missing) and the launchers are in the mid of the screen. In other works, i need the launcher stays like this

DeKNr6N.png

Lets assume that the brave is close and all the launchers stay close to the "Applications" button.
I don't know if this is enough for a little help, sorry mi bad english.

Last edited by juanprm (2019-07-11 17:09:31)

#2 2019-07-10 11:25:44

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Applications to the right and Slack icon problem

Hello and welcome.

Which distro and what version of Xfce are you running? Specifically:

xfwm4 -V

...and:

xfce4-panel -V

For the first issue, right-click the Panel and select "Panel > Panel Preferences" and then go to the "Items" tab. Here you can re-order the plugins using the up and down arrow keys. Make sure that the "Windows Buttons" plugin is placed after the 5 launcher plugins that you have created.

For the second issue, this is/was a known problem that has been fixed in the most recent development version of xfwm4 (basically, the app itself is not properly exposing the icon). If you'd like to workaround this issue now instead of waiting for your distro to upgrade xfwm4, have a read through this post for a couple of options.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-07-10 15:08:46

juanprm

Hello, thanks for the answer.

This is the output of the commands:

AzdD7n1.png

For the first issue, right-click the Panel and select "Panel > Panel Preferences" and then go to the "Items" tab. Here you can re-order the plugins using the up and down arrow keys. Make sure that the "Windows Buttons" plugin is placed after the 5 launcher plugins that you have created.

This works great, problem solved! thanks a lot, i was struggling with this issue.

I'm glad that this community is active.

#4 2019-07-10 16:04:15

ToZ
Administrator

The wrong slack icon in the panel was fixed with this xfce4-panel commit which was committed post 4.13.6 but not yet officially released.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2019-07-10 16:24:48

juanprm

The wrong slack icon in the panel was fixed with this xfce4-panel commit which was committed post 4.13.6 but not yet officially released.

Thanks for the information, i'll wait for release.

This post should be closed, all is fixed.

#6 2019-07-10 17:30:13

ToZ
Administrator

juanprm wrote:

This post should be closed, all is fixed.

Edit your initial post and prepend "[SOLVED]" to the topic entry.

Board footer