Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-12 22:22:00

SilverMight

[Solved] Keyboard shortcuts stop functioning on reboot

Hello, I'm currently experiencing an issue where my keyboard shortcuts stop working (under xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts) after rebooting. The keyboard shortcuts are setting present in the settings, and show up in xfce4-settings-editor as well, however in order to get them to work, I have to change the shortcut to a different key and switch it back to what it was previously. After this, the shortcut appears to work fine.

I'm not quite sure what's causing the issue, and if there's any logs that could point me to what the problem could possibly be that would be extremely helpful.

So far, I've tried resetting the keyboard shortcuts in xfce4-settings-editor, remaking xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml, and using xfdesktop --reload to no avail. I'd be happy to provide more information if needed. I'm using Arch Linux + xfce 4.12.

Last edited by SilverMight (2019-07-15 01:00:51)

#2 2019-07-12 22:40:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Keyboard shortcuts stop functioning on reboot

Hello and welcome.

Try restarting xfsettingsd to see if that fixes the problem:

xfsettingsd --replace

If it solves the problem, then its because of a race condition that has been fixed in the latest development release of xfce4-settings, specifically with these two commits:
- https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-setting … e29d3bbec2
- https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-setting … 23078ae84f

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-07-15 01:00:28

SilverMight

Re: [Solved] Keyboard shortcuts stop functioning on reboot

Thanks, that seemed to fix the problem. I'll check out the commits.

Board footer