Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-20 18:19:52

Lockenlord

wrap-workspaces stopped working in pager after 4.14 update

I actually have encountered quite a bit of weird stuff related to the desktop switcher but I found everything else in the bug tracker and it looks like it's being worked on.

So I have four workspaces, enabled switching with the mouse wheel and explicitly enabled wrap-workspaces. With the update the workspace wrap stopped working and changing the property has no effect, so I cannot go from the first to the last with the mouse wheel or vice versa. Has the property been renamed, has the feature moved somewhere else or is this a bug?

#2 2019-08-20 20:13:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: wrap-workspaces stopped working in pager after 4.14 update

Hello and welcome.

There is this existing bug report. With the new version of xfce4-panel and xfwm4 (4.14), wrap-around doesn't work. I checked the previous version, 4.12, and it doesn't work either. Wrap workspaces does work if you scroll your mouse when over the desktop though. I'm surprised it worked for you before? From which distro and what version of Xfce did you upgrade from?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-08-21 08:46:22

Lockenlord

I used Xfce 4.12 on Manjaro before and it did in fact work for me. Scrolling on the naked desktop works as expected but my setup does not have a piece of desktop that is reliably not covered by a window, so I'd have to do something hacky like setting a panel to 99% width. Thanks to this bug/feature however scrolling on the desktop now behaves differently than scrolling on the widget which makes it confusing to use because I actually used both. I call this a feature because I actually kind of like the fact that I can now use my tilt wheel as well to change desktops but I need consistency more than I need a pretty minor feature.

#4 2019-09-10 19:47:52

foobar

I confirm it used to work on the Workspace Switcher... long ago (say, at least 2 or 3 years). My experience is on Debian, and I miss that feature too.

Board footer