Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-03 01:34:47

Sudoer

How do I push my changes? (Or make a pull request?)

Hello,

I made a few changes to the Ristretto image viewer source code that I would like to push to the main branch (specifically, I implemented a feature that will hide the cursor while in fullscreen mode after a second of inactivity). This is my first time contributing to an open source project using git. I've tried git push, but that fails with return code 56 (I assume that I am not authorized to push to the main repository). I don't see any features on the website for making pull requests. Simply put, how to I submit my changes?

#2 2019-09-03 01:49:57

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How do I push my changes? (Or make a pull request?)

Hello and welcome.

Your best bet is to create a enhancement/bug report and attach your patch to it (Edit: make sure the patch is based on the master branch of the git tree). There has been recent ongoing work on ristretto so the developers might see it and action it. If there is still no activity, try to contact one of the main developers on the xfce4-dev mailing list or the #xfce-dev IRC channel.

Getting push rights takes a little longer as the developers would like to see a continued contribution before they grant it.

Thanks for taking the effort to enhance Xfce.

Last edited by ToZ (2019-09-03 01:51:26)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-09-03 04:06:23

Sudoer

Done, here's the enhancement/bug report. I hope I did everything correctly.

#4 2019-09-03 10:34:36

ToZ
Administrator

Looks good. If you don't get a reply in a few days, reach out to them via the mailing list or on the IRC channel.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer