Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-18 14:51:08

photor

Deepin-Dark-Theme with dark/black (small) fonts

Hello Forum,

I use XFCE with dark theme. Usually, it is Shades-of-Gray-Patina. Even darker is the Deepin-Dark theme. I like both, but there are some lines of text that are still displayed in black - I have the impression, that these are especially the small fonts. This make text nearly or really unreadable sad

So, my question, is there a possibility to color text besides the theme (e.g. using a file placed in .config/gtk-X.0/)? maybe these are not covered by the theme definition. 

Thank you for your help.

Ciao,
Photor

PS: just checked with Adwaita dark theme; same situation there.

#2 2019-09-18 21:34:28

Spass

Re: Deepin-Dark-Theme with dark/black (small) fonts

Hello. Yes, it should be possible to fix that by putting the missing CSS (or overwrite existing one) to the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css or ~/.gtkrc-2.0 files (for GTK3 and GTK2 applications). Can you post a screenshot showing what do you need to change exactly?

#3 2019-09-19 12:25:15

photor

Hello,

I have two pictures, which hopefully explain, what I am talking about: both show Lazarus (under Archlinux) with Deepin-Dark and Deepin theme. Lazarus is -as far as I know a Gtk-program (3 or still 2?).

Deepin-Dark-Theme
Deepin-Theme

I have similar problem (black font on (very) dark background) in some other programs, too (e.g. Power manager, statistics).

So far there is no .config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css file (not correct: I created one, but empty)

Ciao,
Photor

PS: Hopefully the pictures come correct; I am not sure I have understood the process correct.

#4 2019-09-19 16:45:50

Spass

I can't see your screenshots unfortunately, but maybe it's because my browser (I'm blocking many things).

I've installed Lazarus on Xubuntu 18.04 in a VM, added Shades of Grey Patina theme (downloaded from here), and so far things are looking pretty fine, not counting broken icon font on the desktop. But I can see some hard-coded (I assume) darker fonts in Lazarus, like dark-red values in properties for example. Other colors could be changed in Options, Editor > Display > Colors.

https://i.imgur.com/Ad74K6W.png

Can you post the screenshots again using ImgBB or some other image hosting site?

#5 2019-09-19 17:30:48

photor

Hi Spass,

With the pictures I have the same issue (I logged-in 3 times, to check, if I can change); maybe due to the same reason: blocking as much as I can. I can try with ImgBB.

Most of my Lazarus looks similar to your screenshot. And I was ver positive with the theme - but then I tried to update a package: go to Package -> Online-Package Manager (this is shown in the pictures for dar theme an normal/light theme)

Ciao,
Photor

#6 2019-09-19 17:38:13

photor

Ok. Here are the picture uploaded to ImgBB:

Deepin-Dark theme
Deepin theme

Hope this works better now.

Ciao,
Photor

PS: Hm! To me (and my Browser) it looks the same as before. Let's see. Putting the URL directly into the browser works here. So, I add the URLs here, too.
Deepin-Dark theme: https://ibb.co/YyHwzSQ
Deepin theme: https://ibb.co/6BhryQ7

Last edited by photor (2019-09-19 17:44:09)

Board footer