Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-23 16:38:02

Narsil

Small but annoying problem with 3 screens

Hi,

I'm running Xfce 4.14 / Manjaro 18.1.1, on a Thinkpad E580.

Everything's nice and sexy when the laptop is "alone". (love it wink)

Problem's comes when I plug the Lenovo docking station (USB-C) with two 27'' screens connected to it.

To get the desktop I want, (3 screens in a row), I need to
- select "Extend to the right" in the xfce4-display-settings -m that (most of the time) automatically pops up when I plug the dock
- go to "advanced", where only the two 27'' screens are visible
- set / unset the "Mirror display" check box to get the 3 screens visible (I keep laptop screen as primary)
- hit "Apply" and "Close"

It then works great.

But, I thought I could save this profile in the "advanced" tab, but
- the profile name I try to save doesn't show in the list (but it does exist, as if I try to re-define a new profile with the same name, I tells me "A profile with the same name already exist").
- of course, the profile should be "automatically enabled when display is connected", but doesn't.

Any suggestion is welcome !

Thanks

Diego

#2 2019-10-26 16:06:02

Narsil

Re: Small but annoying problem with 3 screens

#3 2019-10-26 16:30:26

ToZ
Administrator

The solution noted there uses a different tool. The Xfce display settings should be able to do this for you.

- the profile name I try to save doesn't show in the list (but it does exist, as if I try to re-define a new profile with the same name, I tells me "A profile with the same name already exist").

This sounds like you may have found a bug. It would be a good idea to create a bug report so it is fixed directly in Xfce.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2019-10-28 21:05:38

Narsil

ToZ wrote:

This sounds like you may have found a bug. It would be a good idea to create a bug report so it is fixed directly in Xfce.

Done https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16094

Board footer