Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-10 01:19:11

Aravisian

Thunar Image Rotation problem

This was asked this elsewhere:
"some of my images in 'Pictures' folder of '/home' are rotated clockwise 90 degrees and this has been stopping me from uploading to pling.com as they get reported as incorrect format."
I tried searching but I did not find much information other than that others had experienced it and commented on it- the usual workaround given is to go in and save each improperly rotated image using gimp or other. I imagine if someone is dealing with a lot of images, they could get tedious, though.
Any ideas on a solution to Thunar not properly applying the EXIFdata?

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-01-10 01:19:59)

#2 2020-01-10 01:32:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar Image Rotation problem

There was a recent tumbler commit (released as part of version 0.2.8) that takes care of thumbnail rotation issues.

I noticed this happening to me when using the newer version of gimp - by default it exports files with thumbnail exifs enabled and this was causing the rotation (you can uncheck the option to save a thumbnail in gimp's advanced section of the export dialog).

been stopping me from uploading to pling.com as they get reported as incorrect format.

This is odd. Why would pling.com prevent the upload? The tumbler fix just fixes the display of the thumbnail. If pling.com is also evaluating the metadata during an upload, you'll have to manually fix the metadata.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-01-10 20:01:51

Aravisian

Re: Thunar Image Rotation problem

ToZ wrote:

There was a recent tumbler commit (released as part of version 0.2.8) that takes care of thumbnail rotation issues.

I noticed this happening to me when using the newer version of gimp - by default it exports files with thumbnail exifs enabled and this was causing the rotation (you can uncheck the option to save a thumbnail in gimp's advanced section of the export dialog).

been stopping me from uploading to pling.com as they get reported as incorrect format.

This is odd. Why would pling.com prevent the upload? The tumbler fix just fixes the display of the thumbnail. If pling.com is also evaluating the metadata during an upload, you'll have to manually fix the metadata.

I don't know about his issue with Pling.
I have been having my own issues with Pling /Opencode and due to their unethical behaviors, have taken down ALL my uploads as of today.

I will relay your comment on a commit with a link to this thread.

Board footer