Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-20 06:50:10

evenkimi

Desktop menu button width

Hi !

I'm sorry if the question is stupid, i'm an absolute rookie regarding linux and stuff.

I just made a Debian install with xfce graphical interface and managed, not sure how, to make it perfectly ok for what i wanna do. Great.

BUT

idk why, the desktop menu button shrunk suddenly

http://puu.sh/F1KBO/6a84c273bc.jpg

The button on the upper left corner, it was larger than that. I can find a relevant topic on google about how make it like it was by defaut.

also (tiny bonus question) we okay that when i install new paquet, there is no new entry in the menu and i have to configure every single one manually (= give up because it's not THAT important lmao) ?

Thank you very much for your time !

#2 2020-01-20 12:10:06

alcornoqui

Re: Desktop menu button width

Hello and welcome.

1. Is it just the menu button or did the whole panel shrunk? If you change the panel size the button should also change to fit, so maybe you made the panel thinner?

2. Graphical programs should get added to the menu automatically on installation through the package manager, although there are some that don't (but it's rare), which program is it?

#3 2020-01-20 15:55:31

ctac

Right click on the xfce icon, Properties in the menu and Show button title.

#4 2020-01-20 17:49:26

evenkimi

alcornoqui wrote:

Hello and welcome.

1. Is it just the menu button or did the whole panel shrunk? If you change the panel size the button should also change to fit, so maybe you made the panel thinner?

2. Graphical programs should get added to the menu automatically on installation through the package manager, although there are some that don't (but it's rare), which program is it?

Hi !

1. No it's just the button.

2. Okay thank you. None of them made it in the panel, but i assume they're not considered "graphical". I worried to keep track on what paquet have i installed or not, since i have no date in the synaptic paquet manager to sort by date of installation.

Right click on the xfce icon, Properties in the menu and Show button title.

Oh ! The box was ticket but, indeed, the empty title made it tinied. If i write something in it it goes back to was it was. That's funny since i don't remember changing anything inside this window until it shrunk.

Thank you very much for your help !

Board footer