Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-28 01:42:12

klepu

XFCE appreciation thread

Ahoy!

Seeing all those "greetings from [insert favorite country]" threads I think it may be time for a "WE LOVE XFCE" sticky that we all can answer/upvote/whatever? Even though I'd love to contribute otherwise, my country's translation (german) is already _perfect_, so all I can do is to cheer at the awesome people who devote their free time to keep this near-perfect piece of software running!

If I ever win the lottery you'll be the first to get your part <3

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster shower you with spicy meat balls!

#2 2019-11-28 15:14:24

alcornoqui

Re: XFCE appreciation thread

+1

I keep getting old, but the mouse stays fresh. Here's for the next 23 years!

#3 2019-12-05 09:26:07

hropean

+1

The same here.

#4 2020-01-21 04:04:13

cardiffman

Quoting my own self:

Anyway I'm grateful for the existence of XFCE and I use it whenever I have to use a Linux Desktop on a daily basis. The default desktops of the majors seem to be afflicted with goals that conflict with habits I've been acquiring since 1985.

#5 2020-01-22 05:15:41

Aravisian

klepu wrote:

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster shower you with spicy meat balls!

Such blessings well deserved. May his noodly appendage keep you safe. Or hit you with lightning if you got it comin'.
big_smile

#6 2020-01-23 10:48:01

r03

After a long time I'm back to XFCE and I really like it.
A lot of people use it because it is lightweight, but I also like the Unix philosophy behind it.
All the parts work great together and all are easy configurable.
With GTK3 it now also works great on my 4K screen.
I also like the 4.16 roadmap and I hope to keep using XFCE for a long time.

Thanks!

#7 2020-04-18 13:28:22

Bill53

I have tried Centos, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint Cinnamon/Mate, Solus, KDE Neon ... Xubuntu is the ONLY one that ticked all my required specifications OUT OF THE BOX!
I mean it recognised the fake RAID!! I had an argument with a Centos guy who actively refused to provide the code! On principles. Because it's not a REAL RAID ... He is right on the technical side, sure. But Windows is still here and will be for a while. I don't need or want to spend on a true RAID card. The fake RAID is a good way to exchange data. And Xubuntu just recognised it out of the box, comes up with a nice icon and works. FANTASTIC!

And it also recognises my ancient NAS running the older protocol. I had to sweat blood to find out what the issue is when Mint and the others didn't connect. And Xubuntu just connects, I create the bookmark, it remembers between boots and it remembers the login name/pw too.

It also runs the softwares I need like Arduino IDE, Geany, Qt. Not all above OSs can run all of these. Kubuntu wouldn't run the flathub Arduino properly. Solus didn't know about Geany. May be they could be made to work but I am too old to fight the OS.
And this one just works!

Thanks for all of you worked on this!

+1

#8 2020-04-23 18:14:27

codenamepicnic

Hello everyone, im'm new here.
Really enjoying the new Xubuntu 20.04. I used the Xubuntu Core ISO to install and added my customizations on top!

#9 2020-04-23 21:16:08

eriefisher

Another +1. I also like spaghetti and spicy meatballs.

Aside from strictly functional window managers, Xfce4 is the only DE that doesn't get in the way. Quietly does what you want it to do and how.

Thanks devs.

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

Board footer