Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-16 04:10:57

Aravisian

The Empire theme

Shameless but in proper place Plug:
The Empire theme for XFCE D.E. and for Cinnamon D.E.
https://www.pling.com/p/1359446/

I waited a bit on a decision I had to make before making this plug. This is because when I drew my original concept on paper, the Blue Orbs of the titlebuttons sat in a Curved 3D looking spout. Inspiration: Gargoyles.
On paper, it looked great. At 24px by 24px... It doesn't quite look the same.
I then experimented with having the orbs present when the window is inactive, rather than absent with empty spouts, but gray in color. Active windows would then light up the orbs to blue. The experiment worked better for me, so I set it up as Alternate download in the listing and I watched as the alternate tended to get downloaded nearly as often as the full theme.
So, I made that the default and the original became the alternate.
I then updated the CSD portions for the headerbar to match the Metacity-3 and the XFWM4 and - there it is.

#2 2020-02-16 05:21:19

Jamie Michelle
Website

Re: The Empire theme

Aravisian wrote:

Shameless but in proper place Plug:
The Empire theme for XFCE D.E. and for Cinnamon D.E.
https://www.pling.com/p/1359446/

I waited a bit on a decision I had to make before making this plug. This is because when I drew my original concept on paper, the Blue Orbs of the titlebuttons sat in a Curved 3D looking spout. Inspiration: Gargoyles.
On paper, it looked great. At 24px by 24px... It doesn't quite look the same.
I then experimented with having the orbs present when the window is inactive, rather than absent with empty spouts, but gray in color. Active windows would then light up the orbs to blue. The experiment worked better for me, so I set it up as Alternate download in the listing and I watched as the alternate tended to get downloaded nearly as often as the full theme.
So, I made that the default and the original became the alternate.
I then updated the CSD portions for the headerbar to match the Metacity-3 and the XFWM4 and - there it is.

It looks quite sleek, Aravisian! It's very artistic!

Creator of the Computing Machine desktop theme.

#3 2020-02-22 06:32:40

Aravisian

Re: The Empire theme

I just discovered that the Empire theme still contained the SMALL titlebars instead of the larger ones. This may have happened during the last update- or it may have happened before that. It's a mystery to me HOW that happened... but of course, no one ever said anything. I found it by accident testing something else.
It's a good thing I test and retest these things...

Board footer