Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-02-11 18:53:21

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

denyer wrote:

Which bit of which announcement are you referring to? Xfwm4 handles non-Xfce applications too and will be needed in some form for years. (X support being dropped in desktop environments is a long way away for most of them).

It may not have the same feature set but it'll be around.

Hmmm... no, I do not agree with your take, here.
There are two major factors to consider:
-What the XFWM does and where it differentiates from Xwindow which is a different thing
-What feature set is included in XFWM that you suggest would be gone, but XFWM still around
https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.16/roadm … ral_ui/csd
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2020/01/xfc … decoration

Client Side Decoration means that the app would draw the window borders, which currently is done by XFWM4. Including XFWM4 in a build with CSD implemented in full makes XFWM4 redundant and superfluous--- Because the Xwindow system will handle the rest of window management.
XFWM4 does handle non-xfce applications but it Does NOT handle gtk3 CSD applications which is why many users of XFCE experience CSD apps already while using XFCE 4.12 and 4.14.
In its current state, XFCE 4.14 can be compiled to handle gtk2. However, 4.16 is slated to be fully gtk3 and you would not be able to compile it to handle gtk2. Pressure is on Gimp and Pinta...
XWindow is not the same as XFWM. XFCE got its initial name from the use of XForms by its creator, Oliver Fourdan. XWindow or X11 is from X.org.
XFCE 4.16 will not support the XFWM4 themes or window borders. And, in fact, it would be foolish to include it given the purpose of switching to CSD.
So, if you mean it will not include the same feature set; it must therefore not include XFWM as that feature set is what XFWM does and Xwindow will handle the rest.
While the developers cannot be quoted as directly saying, "XFWM4 is going to be 100% axed", it is revealed in indirect ways much like observing a Black Hole.
It will not still be around.

Offline

#52 2020-02-11 21:04:41

denyer
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2018-10-20
Posts: 31
Website

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

Aravisian wrote:

XFCE 4.16 will not support the XFWM4 themes

Which is something different. Xfwm4 themes may not be selectable through the Xfce Settings app, or used by Xfce components/apps, but that doesn't equate to Xfwm4 being dumped (or the theme-handling code in Xfwm4 being dropped yet).

There's probably a whole dead parrot sketch yet to come.

In its current state, XFCE 4.14 can be compiled to handle gtk2. However, 4.16 is slated to be fully gtk3 and you would not be able to compile it to handle gtk2. Pressure is on Gimp and Pinta...

I was quite impressed that the version of Pinta in the Ubuntu repos started working again after a long period, considering it doesn't seem to have had a maintenance release for over half a decade.

GIMP 2.99.x dev releases are expected soon.

Offline

#53 2020-02-12 19:27:28

denyer
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2018-10-20
Posts: 31
Website

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments … efault_in/

Did this one get posted already? Also mostly negative feedback from users, and people clinging to the hope that CSD might be optional.

Offline

#54 2020-02-12 20:02:22

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

denyer wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments … efault_in/

Did this one get posted already? Also mostly negative feedback from users, and people clinging to the hope that CSD might be optional.

I cannot help but read into it.... It's not that they want it optional as much as they don't want it and are hoping they will have the option to not enable it.
There is a difference...
This comment really stood out:

nintendiator2

it says "by default" and they are not Gnome so I fully expect a toggle.

I guess my yearly donation to XFCE will be on hold for a while.
level 1
varikonniemi
6 points ·
26 days ago

another one bites the dust

I wonder how many donors will say the same? I agree with your take that the vast majority of responses are negative toward CSD and many users are saying they use XFCE for the purpose of avoiding CSD.
It's not a scientific poll, but it's as near as you can get, really.
Some people like certain aspects of XFCE but also like CSD: https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=13756
In this thread we can find a vote in favor of the change.
I would be fine with it being Optional in principle, though I would worry that once that door is wedged open, it will take over anyway. Maybe before long, the option removed once users were conditioned to accept their fate.


One comment that stands out is that XFCE is understaffed. Perhaps a push to resolve that is something that should be considered. If people do not want CSD, maybe they can change that with some patronage.

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-02-12 20:04:07)

Offline

#55 2020-02-12 21:22:14

ozjd
Member
From: Hawkesbury NSW Australia
Registered: 2012-02-05
Posts: 560
Website

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

The understaffed argument doesn't make sense. While I know that there are a very small number of developers working on Xfce if it is really a manpower issue why undertake a major change rather than improve the existing system?

Offline

#56 2020-02-13 07:58:20

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

ozjd wrote:

The understaffed argument doesn't make sense. While I know that there are a very small number of developers working on Xfce if it is really a manpower issue why undertake a major change rather than improve the existing system?

This is a very good point but...
Not necessarily. While it may be a lot of initial work to get it started, it may mean a much lighter load in the long run.
I do not know either way- I am just throwing this out there to be fair.

Offline

#57 2020-02-13 08:09:57

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

Aravisian wrote:
ozjd wrote:

The understaffed argument doesn't make sense. While I know that there are a very small number of developers working on Xfce if it is really a manpower issue why undertake a major change rather than improve the existing system?

This is a very good point but...
Not necessarily. While it may be a lot of initial work to get it started, it may mean a much lighter load in the long run.
I do not know either way- I am just throwing this out there to be fair.

EDIT:
@Denyer
Just for kicks... And I do not know if this actually counts as shameless plugging but...
From post #26.

denyer wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

When I first started using XFCE4 desktop, I noticed that problem right away. So, on my themes, I went into the XFWM4 folder and adjusted those images accordingly, giving them more space (Usually 9px) while leaving the Visible portion at 1px.

Do you have an example?

This past week, I decided I wanted to make a dark but elegant new theme based on many previous inspirations. I did a little trickery what with the XFWM4 theme and whatnot.
Since you asked for an example of it, here one is that you can examine (And criticise! I could use the help).
https://www.pling.com/p/1359446/

EDIT2: AWW NUTS! I hit quote instead of edit. Oh well... as if we needed more evidence of how often I make mistakes...

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-02-13 08:11:27)

Offline

#58 2020-02-13 23:14:57

denyer
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2018-10-20
Posts: 31
Website

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

Could perhaps do with a little more resize area on the top border, for ease of double clicking to vertically maximise?

Looks good for anyone who likes retro and dark themes, reminds me a bit of graphics card branding and packaging from yesteryear.

Looking around Pling there are some neat looks like https://www.pling.com/p/1016558/ and https://www.pling.com/p/1016183/ that'll disappear with Xfwm4 theming, or even https://www.pling.com/p/1016463/ -- my general favourite's still https://www.pling.com/p/1016288/ though.

More reactions (non-English, Google Translate suggests a lot aren't complimentary);

https://www.muylinux.com/2020/01/16/xfc … -cds-gtk3/

https://geekland.eu/xfce-adoptara-clien … tions-csd/

Comparisons to Elementary, people pointing out that CSD doesn't consistently save space, that the community is likely to gradually abandon the DE over the decision, references to other DEs, etc. A few more positive comments. And "Nooo, mi roedor, ¿qué carajos te han hecho? :S"

Offline

#59 2020-02-14 00:50:28

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

denyer wrote:

Could perhaps do with a little more resize area on the top border, for ease of double clicking to vertically maximise?

It is interesting that you say that- I almost made it larger, but then decided to leave it small size due to the complainst of "precious real estate".
I will upload a Larger XFWM4 shortly.

Offline

#60 2020-02-16 17:59:13

daniel227
Member
Registered: 2012-03-14
Posts: 34

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

I also voted on the poll:
https://linkto.run/p/09R1M1FO

Offline

#61 2020-02-24 01:48:00

denyer
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2018-10-20
Posts: 31
Website

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

Thought this was interesting since Arch pushes the latest packages, and something to watch in future;

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/f … top_among/
https://pkgstats.archlinux.de/compare/p … ,xfdesktop

Lre9Kjk.png

Xfdesktop begins a downward trend mid-way through 2019 around the time 4.14 was released.

Offline

#62 2020-02-28 08:08:55

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

denyer wrote:

Thought this was interesting since Arch pushes the latest packages, and something to watch in future;

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/f … top_among/
https://pkgstats.archlinux.de/compare/p … ,xfdesktop

Xfdesktop begins a downward trend mid-way through 2019 around the time 4.14 was released.

This may not be related to the advent of CSD, but agreed that it is interesting. I will admit that I have found some perks with 4.14, in spite of still believing that 4.12 is superior in other ways.

In that shot, Gnome and XFCE seem to be tumbling together. Plasma seems on the rise. The rest seem mostly steady- but ALL of them appear to have a downward swoop all at the same time- a factor I am curious about.

Offline

#63 2020-03-01 00:59:54

File Manager
Member
Registered: 2019-11-01
Posts: 9

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

A remarkable event has taken place. A majority of Xfce users(?) are indifferent or favor CSDs. Hmmmm...

https://www.survey-maker.com/results274 … 1-80#tab-2

Where are the positive comments on the forum? I have hardly read anything positive about CSDs here.

I think the case is lost. After all it's the Xfce devs that decide. What we can hope for is a long and healthy life for Xfce 4.14.

Offline

#64 2020-03-01 03:13:59

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

File Manager wrote:

A remarkable event has taken place. A majority of Xfce users(?) are indifferent or favor CSDs. Hmmmm...

https://www.survey-maker.com/results274 … 1-80#tab-2

Where are the positive comments on the forum? I have hardly read anything positive about CSDs here.

I think the case is lost. After all it's the Xfce devs that decide. What we can hope for is a long and healthy life for Xfce 4.14.

I agree that it is remarkable; given that the vast majority of time consuming commentary made here, on Reddit and elsewhere are all dominated by negative attitudes toward CSD's.

I can only guess that those that voted "yes" are the very silent types. It would make sense that the "indifferent" voters wouldn't bother to comment.

I will keep on using XFCE through XFEX. And I am using Mate/Cinnamon these days with little trouble. Much of the glitchiness of Cinnamon on Mint I resolved very easily: By compiling it on a copy of Zorin Lite. Now, Cinnamon does not bog down after heavy use.

I will confess in paranoid grandeur... The Odd Spikes in "indifferent" and "yes" votes compared to the more steady "no" vote lines... does not sit well with me.
P8w8maq.png

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-03-01 03:24:18)

Offline

#65 2020-03-01 11:53:42

denyer
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2018-10-20
Posts: 31
Website

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

Besides it being trivial to cycle through proxies and stuff polls, it seems to have just accepted another vote from me. If it's been posted on general Linux forums the value's going to be even less than polls and petitions in general.

Polling users from within running installations isn't free from issues, but is more meaningful -- and increases the changes of getting ordinary users, not technically-minded sorts who actively follow releases.

Last edited by denyer (2020-03-01 11:53:56)

Offline

#66 2020-03-01 12:25:09

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

denyer wrote:

Besides it being trivial to cycle through proxies and stuff polls, it seems to have just accepted another vote from me. If it's been posted on general Linux forums the value's going to be even less than polls and petitions in general.

Polling users from within running installations isn't free from issues, but is more meaningful -- and increases the changes of getting ordinary users, not technically-minded sorts who actively follow releases.

This is true. I think it is better than assuming or better than no poll. But as I said- those two spikes really bug me.
See, those that vote "don't care" tend to be a minority. They rarely will line up so very neatly with a "yes" vote, like seen above. Especially with those votes being made at nearly the same exact time as "yes" votes. Don't get me wrong- this IS NOT AN ACCUSATION that the XFCE devs fudged the poll. The poll could be accurate, just weird.
And even if it was fudged, it does not mean that the XFCE devs had anything at all to do with it- As Denyer points out, the Poll could be thrown off by non-XFCE users and if a bunch of Gnome CSD fans wanted to push an agenda and saw the poll, they could have interfered like Russians eyeballing a US election.
Fudging it would be a neat case of shooting oneself in the foot. IF the poll is accurate; then a third of users MAY walk. And if there is another third of users inexplicably using XFCE while wanting something another desktop gives and XFCE does not, they obviously are very forgiving and are less likely to walk for not getting what they don't have.
This is speculation and as it is, the poll must be accepted as stated, even if those neatly aligned responses look as odd as the huge disparity between that poll result and the multitudes of commentary all over the web.

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-03-01 12:35:42)

Offline

#67 2020-03-01 17:52:13

janp
Member
Registered: 2016-02-05
Posts: 14

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

Is there someone that could explain to me the crazyness about CSD? To me it looks that, since from time to time something new must be done, someone with too much time at his hands has decided that to be current with times the good old and working classic interface must be thrown away in favor of something inspired maybe by the hype of the mobile platforms.
Anyway what they obtained for Gnome is something that is of inferior usabiliy, easthetically worse (in the case of the Opera browser I would say horrible) , less configurable , against the general principle of decoupling and last but not least, it seems that to obtain such a failure the programmer should labor a lot more.
Take, e.g., the GEdit editor, to get the menu that once was just under the title bar i must first click an hamburger menu then choose what I want from a vertical menu.To gain maybe some useless 20 pixels more on the nowadays really big screens,  I have to do at least a click more and choose from a menu in an awkard position.
So what are the motivations behind a choice that appears completely braindead?

Offline

#68 2020-03-02 01:23:48

Aravisian
Member
Registered: 2019-08-17
Posts: 406

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

janp wrote:

Is there someone that could explain to me the crazyness about CSD? To me it looks that, since from time to time something new must be done, someone with too much time at his hands has decided that to be current with times the good old and working classic interface must be thrown away in favor of something inspired maybe by the hype of the mobile platforms.
Anyway what they obtained for Gnome is something that is of inferior usabiliy, easthetically worse (in the case of the Opera browser I would say horrible) , less configurable , against the general principle of decoupling and last but not least, it seems that to obtain such a failure the programmer should labor a lot more.
Take, e.g., the GEdit editor, to get the menu that once was just under the title bar i must first click an hamburger menu then choose what I want from a vertical menu.To gain maybe some useless 20 pixels more on the nowadays really big screens,  I have to do at least a click more and choose from a menu in an awkard position.
So what are the motivations behind a choice that appears completely braindead?

Gnome is currently the primary supplier of the gtk toolkit that many developers are using. When Gnome makes a decision or a change, it will affect developers down the line. The developers may need to conform to what Gnome is doing; or take the time to make additional developments to replace the tasks that would be operated using the toolkit. So, bucking the trend means more work for the developer.

From that statement, you can see that we users can affect the decisions some developers make by offering more support; either with assisting in development or in funding development.

To be clear, if XFCE switches to CSD, this does not create More Work for the XFCE developers but in fact, reduces their workload. And not insignificantly, either.

Gnomes motivations for making the original changes are twofold:
The first and obvious is- Less Work for Developers. GTK2 was highly configurable and covered by the GNU licensing allowing many users to modify and create themes and distinct changes. This led to two distinct things:
1. More breakage on diverse and varied systems causing Gnome devs to hear complaints from users instead of the distro that made the changes hearing from the users. The more customizability and control users and distros had, the more frustrated Gnome got and the more their workload increased. Rather than accept the simplest possible solution, Gnome opted for the MS style solution as it could be more profitable:
2. Take control away from Distors and Users. By removing the customization and control, Gnome could better handle what was being done on its Desktop Environment. By removing Features and putting pressure on people to do things by the "Gnome-Vision", Gnome could secure its "Brand image."  Less customization makes Gnome more recognizable when used on a machine. More recognizable means people know Gnome when they see it- increasing Gnome shares, stakes and profit.
CSD removes the development aspect on Window management from the D.E. developers, dumping it onto the app developers, freeing up some workload for anyone using the Gnome / gtk Toolkit.
More profit is not necessarily bad; with more profit, you can hire more team developers, do R&D, etc. However, it is also a slippery slope due to human nature- We see this all this all the time where companies decrease quality while increasing their profit margin. They begin to perceive the users as a commodity to be screwed rather than relied upon.
Clearly, there is STRONG appeal in conforming to Gnome and adopting more of their toolkit. In so doing, the XFCE devs, who complain they are understaffed and overworked, can drop much of the window management side of maintenance and development.
And the toolkit already exists- they do not need to create it or anything.
And this would be in Gnomes interest, as well for XFCE to conform as XFCE is a major player in the field.
You can also see why the XFCE devs would NOT WANT to make it an option to turn CSD off. That would be counter-productive to the goal because then they could not drop the window management side and would need to continue to maintain it- while having the CSD side sitting there wanting support, too.

If we, users, Want To Affect this- we may have a chance by
-Providing stronger support for current development- by showing money
-Leaving XFCE entirely.
-Assisting with development and maintenance by researching solutions and submitting proposals rather than just using and demanding the devs do all the work.

CSD is not good for the user and it is not much fun for app developers as it increases their workload. It makes customization more difficult and takes away from some of the FOSS spirit. Over time, it motivates development on Linux to steer more toward the M$ style of of doing things. CSD's as they are currently are confusing, take away from functionality and are simply Ugly.
The supposed perks are more screen space, yet you are gaining only milometers on a screen and frankly, there are much better solutions if someone is truly that retentive. The look of it is very distinct and in fact- M$ has been using that look in certain apps for quite a while. However, having everything crammed into one bar actually creates Less Space even if there is about three millimetres more allotted to the content view. Because now your toolbar is cluttered creating the situation where reducing that clutter (reducing User friendliness and functionality) becomes the goal instead of doing it right in the first place.
As a mechanic- shop space is often at a premium. I can tell you; Appropriately utilizing your tools is far more effective than trying to squeeze more shop space out of a given area. Unless your shop is tiny, the truth is that being organized and smart in tool use will always be better than trying to steal more room. In fact it is not unusual that less room is better; where you can circle a bench with all tools in ready reach - a principle I also employ when using GIMP or CAD on a computer. The workspace is often Small- with strong lighting, and tools dominating the area-----As It Should Be. To think otherwise is a mistake. It is the Tools we need, within reach, not more Space.
The trend toward CSD has already started and we users did not really recognize the fallacy or put a stop to it early one when we had the chance.
EDIT: Because I was editing, adding the above analogy when FileManager posted his reply, I will post on it here in this edit rather than follow him with another new post:

File Manager wrote:

I do think Xfce will suffer, because Xfce has always been the home for traditional and conservative users. So in a way I thought that Xfce would be the last desktop to implement experimental UIs. I guess I was wrong.

It is not what the XFCE devs have done that bothers me as much as HOW they have gone about it- in full Gnome Glory; trying to convince us that the medicine is good for us in order to fulfll their own wants, tossing us under a bus. I was so relieved to find XFCE as a refugee from Gnome and this-- I have lost all respect for the XFCE devs and have stopped using XFCE. I have already made the switch to Cinnamon and have modified it heavily to my liking- as unique on my machine as the odd desk it sits on. When I first tried Cinnamon, I didn't like it. But now that I have had a chance to examine its inner workings, I have found it easy to modify and have done so. I will TRY to help users here where i am able, but I do not think I will be going back to using XFCE anytime soon. The damage is already done and any ex can tell you- Once I decide to leave there are no second chances.

Last edited by Aravisian (2020-03-02 01:52:39)

Offline

#69 2020-03-02 01:40:54

File Manager
Member
Registered: 2019-11-01
Posts: 9

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

janp wrote:

Is there someone that could explain to me the crazyness about CSD? To me it looks that, since from time to time something new must be done, someone with too much time at his hands has decided that to be current with times the good old and working classic interface must be thrown away in favor of something inspired maybe by the hype of the mobile platforms.
Anyway what they obtained for Gnome is something that is of inferior usabiliy, easthetically worse (in the case of the Opera browser I would say horrible) , less configurable , against the general principle of decoupling and last but not least, it seems that to obtain such a failure the programmer should labor a lot more.
Take, e.g., the GEdit editor, to get the menu that once was just under the title bar i must first click an hamburger menu then choose what I want from a vertical menu.To gain maybe some useless 20 pixels more on the nowadays really big screens,  I have to do at least a click more and choose from a menu in an awkard position.
So what are the motivations behind a choice that appears completely braindead?

From a dev perspective I think I can at least try to understand it because GTK3 is tailored to non-traditional applications aka Gnome apps. From a user perspective it doesn't make any sense at all. Especially on a platform like Xfce that always took pride in being small, modular, traditional and giving the user many options. CSDs do not only kill Xfwm, but all window managers for example some people use Openbox or Compiz on Xfce.

We'll never understand this completely. We'll just have to accept it and move on. There are still traditional desktops, but generally usability has deteriorated the past decade when the smartphone "random design paradigm" found its way to the desktop. I will stay with Xfce 4.14 as long as possible. Then I think MATE or Cinnamon are logical destinations. Maybe LXQt will get their 1.0 release out soon? Or you could use KDE with Liquid shell to make it slimmer and faster. There are options.

I do think Xfce will suffer, because Xfce has always been the home for traditional and conservative users. So in a way I thought that Xfce would be the last desktop to implement experimental UIs. I guess I was wrong.

Offline

#70 2020-03-02 14:08:41

janp
Member
Registered: 2016-02-05
Posts: 14

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

First of all, thank you very much for your clear and detailed answer

Aravisian wrote:

If we, users, Want To Affect this- we may have a chance by
-Providing stronger support for current development- by showing money
-Leaving XFCE entirely.
-Assisting with development and maintenance by researching solutions and submitting proposals rather than just using and demanding the devs do all the work.

- About the money as individual I can donate small sums, there should be many like me to support alternative development.

- Scared by the news aboud CSD I thought about other desktops in the last few days I gave a quick look to Plasma and Enlightenment besides Gnome that I installed only to have a look.
Plasma is good but has perhaps too much and it is perceivably the slower of all desktops. Enlightenment is the nearest to the old window manager. It's blazing fast but has bugs and it is not so easy to configure (has tiny menus, not so good themes).
Gnome is fast but it is not the best environment for programmers.
Eventually for me XFCE is still the best for a me. So let's hope that the developers will hear our rants

-  I would be happy ho help with development, unfortunately I have a day work that doesn't leave me a lot of spare time. Moreover some more time is needed to scale up to a decent level.

Offline

#71 2020-03-02 14:16:24

janp
Member
Registered: 2016-02-05
Posts: 14

Re: Do you want to use CSD? No please!!

File Manager wrote:

From a dev perspective I think I can at least try to understand it because GTK3 is tailored to non-traditional applications aka Gnome apps. From a user perspective it doesn't make any sense at all. Especially on a platform like Xfce that always took pride in being small, modular, traditional and giving the user many options. CSDs do not only kill Xfwm, but all window managers for example some people use Openbox or Compiz on Xfce.

We'll never understand this completely. We'll just have to accept it and move on. There are still traditional desktops, but generally usability has deteriorated the past decade when the smartphone "random design paradigm" found its way to the desktop. I will stay with Xfce 4.14 as long as possible. Then I think MATE or Cinnamon are logical destinations. Maybe LXQt will get their 1.0 release out soon? Or you could use KDE with Liquid shell to make it slimmer and faster. There are options.

I do think Xfce will suffer, because Xfce has always been the home for traditional and conservative users. So in a way I thought that Xfce would be the last desktop to implement experimental UIs. I guess I was wrong.

Thank for you answer , you're right IMHO, being traditional and conservative made it the right choice for production environments. I left KDE for XFCE at version 4 exactly for this reason, each new iteration was slow and bug ridden. XFCE on the contrary is FAST and has not so much bells ans whistles but just works.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB