Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-18 09:53:48

oyvinds
Website

Hybrid Sleep Support for the Power Manager

If any of you girls are using a self-compiled xfce4-power-manager or you're willing to compile it yourself then I would appreciate if it if you could please test the patch at  https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=9738

It works on my laptops and my desktop, I'm fine with it. But I haven't tested it on non-systemd machines. Further, it uses policykit to test if the user can hybrid sleep on machines with logind (systemd) instead of logind can_ methods because that's what the existing code does. That is in itself a problem but that's not what I am trying to address here.

I'll be switching away from Xfce as soon as 4.16 is released do that that CDN nonsense and unusable GTK dialogs (this affects software like LibreOffice when it is running in Xfce) so if the hybrid sleep patch hasn't made it into the git tree by then it's likely that it never will since it is unlikely that I'll bother trying to get patches into Xfce (which is next to impossible, anyway) once that joke of a GNOME clone release is made.

Board footer