Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-26 10:37:11

User2020

Thunar innovations in the future releases

Hello.

If this is possible, please implement the following innovations in the future release of the Thunar:

1) Make Tabs in the File Manager Thunar like Tabs in Nautilus (File Manager), in CentOS (GNOME);

2) Add line Format in the drop-down list on the usb flash drive, in the File Manager Thunar. Like in the File manager Nautilus, in CentOS (GNOME);

3) I think in the file Manager Thunar do not need to constantly use dashes to sign - File Manager (underlined in red on the picture). For example: Pictures - File Menedger; Home - File Menedger etc.

For clarity, the image is attached to the message:
10e88d070dcd6b03092bb88078218073.th.png

I apologize for my poor English.

#2 2020-04-26 11:54:33

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar innovations in the future releases

Hello and welcome.

It is best to place enhancement requests in the bug tracker so that the developer's can see it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-04-26 13:20:29

eriefisher

User2020 wrote:

Hello.

If this is possible, please implement the following innovations in the future release of the Thunar:

as mentioned, wrong place for feature requests but.....

User2020 wrote:

1) Make Tabs in the File Manager Thunar like Tabs in Nautilus (File Manager), in CentOS (GNOME);

Tabs already exist in Thunar>>File>New tab

User2020 wrote:

2) Add line Format in the drop-down list on the usb flash drive, in the File Manager Thunar. Like in the File manager Nautilus, in CentOS (GNOME);

This can be done through Thunar Custom Actions although I think it's an unneeded carry over from MS-Windows.

User2020 wrote:

3) I think in the file Manager Thunar do not need to constantly use dashes to sign - File Manager (underlined in red on the picture). For example: Pictures - File Menedger; Home - File Menedger etc.

I guess it's a matter of aesthetics. I never noticed it.

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#4 2020-04-26 21:45:19

MrEen

I must say for #3, I prefer the default behavior. A quick glance at the titlebar and I know what I'm working in. My preference would be for it to say Thunar instead of File manager, but that's not so much of an issue.

Sometimes people like me will have multiple file managers open. Xfe has it's name on the titlebar. PCManFM has nothing but the current directory as you'd like to have. At least that's the way it is on my older Mint 18.3 system.

#5 2020-04-28 11:24:56

User2020

eriefisher wrote:
User2020 wrote:

Tabs already exist in Thunar>>File>New tab

Thanks. I know that Thunar has Tabs smile
I would like Tabs in Thunar to become the same as Tabs in Nautilus! Because the active/open Tab in Nautilus is well separated from the inactive Tabs. The active/open Tab in Thunar is very similar in color to the inactive Tabs. This way, a user in Thunar can confuse an active/open Tab and an inactive Tabs. For clarity, the animated picture is attached to the message:
33c1c3bd0954b43cbfcc3e7aa4fd5e2d.gif

#6 2020-04-28 12:03:16

ToZ
Administrator

That's really just a theme issue. You can adjust it via the following:

.thunar tab:checked { background-color: red; }

...and adjust the colour to suit. Put the directive in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css (create the file if it doesn't exist).

What theme are you using?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#7 2020-04-29 12:42:43

User2020

If instead of blue, there would be a red line, it will be only get worse!
I wish the Tabs in Thunar will be like Tabs in Nautilus!
I wish the Tabs in Thunar will be the same Tabs in Nautilus!
I wish the shape of my heart shape of the Tabs in Thunar will be like the shape of the Tabs in Nautilus!

I apologize for my poor English.

#8 2020-04-29 19:17:49

ToZ
Administrator

User2020 wrote:

If instead of blue, there would be a red line, it will be only get worse!

The "red" was just an example. You can replace it with whatever color you want. And it would colour in the whole tab, not the line. It was an example of how something like that can be accomplished.

I wish the Tabs in Thunar will be like Tabs in Nautilus!
I wish the Tabs in Thunar will be the same Tabs in Nautilus!
I wish the shape of my heart shape of the Tabs in Thunar will be like the shape of the Tabs in Nautilus!

If you want the shape of the tab changed, then I believe you need to change the code. Feel free to create an ehancement request at the bug tracker.

#9 2020-05-07 21:53:07

peter.48

Don't ask for "nautilus-like" things as a spoiled child, install nautilus and that's it.

Board footer