Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-27 16:30:23

Souf

Make date applet on the center of panel

Hi,

I want to make the date applet appears on the center of my panel.
I already tried it with separator in each side and expanding them, but it takes the spacing of the other applets into accounts.
I also thought of making a new panel for it, but I want it to hide automatically, and when i have the two panels one on another, the first one isn't showing up when I hover top side...

Do you know any way to make an applet appears on the center of panel ignoring the spacing of the other applets (even when some are popping as bluetooth or discord when i open them, for example)

#2 2020-04-29 11:57:58

Weord

Re: Make date applet on the center of panel

Haven't tested but:

"Best Xfce hack that few people know about?

S: Three panels on the top (left-aligned, center-aligned, and right-aligned) can give you a centered clock, if you're into that kind of thing."

Source: https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/interview-xfce.html

#3 2020-04-29 13:42:28

alcornoqui

Ah, that's a great tip, I had forgotten that interview... Although OP uses the autohide feature, so it can be not as smooth as with fixed panels. What do you say, Souf?

Welcome to the forum!

(and thanks for the link, Weord)

#4 2020-04-29 16:46:53

Souf

Great tip indeed, haven't thought of it, thank you, yeah I'm a new member of this forum, it's been however like 2-3 months since I started using XFCE and i'm sticking with it, never seen a better functionnal and lightweight DE !

Board footer