Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-23 07:22:22

kreso

Hello & thanks from Croatia

Hi all,

devops guy here, been using kde/gnome/sway and other various DEs for years and I must say - amazed by speed and tweakability of xfce. Magnificent piece(s) of software! Finally was able to customize keyboard shortcuts just the way I like, everything is blazing fast (gnome 3.3x was sluggish, even slow compared to xfce 4.14 and I'm using i7-8650u/32gb). I've already recommended xfce to my friends who are on linux.. But must say I'm a bit sad to see xfce is moving to implement CSD. One of the best features that helps me focus between many open windows is drawing the border in color and thickness (I've customizes a few themes) that helps me distinguish it from other windows in the background (think multiple terminals opened, all with black background). Not sure but guessing that will be gone, even now when I open csd enabled app borders are missing. And there's no need for 10+ plugins like in gnome to have basic functionalities up and running (like hiding top bar, showing icons from running apps, switching audio output, moving everything to single 'bar', etc...), yaaay!

It's rock solid and stable - so once again, thanks to the devs (couldn't find donate button anywhere) and hi to everyone!

Cheers!

#2 2020-05-23 11:30:05

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello & thanks from Croatia

Zdravo i dobrodošli !

There are a number of threads on this forum about CSD already. It would be nice if it could be made optional. Time will tell.

How are things in Croatia?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-05-24 05:25:04

kreso

Re: Hello & thanks from Croatia

Thanks! smile

Things are well... Yep, saw those posts related to CSD, I do hope CSD will somehow be made optional (although I doubt it, it'll probably be even a greater hassle for devs)...

Board footer