Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-30 14:11:36

eriefisher

Surprisingly low numbers

I just noticed this on the Index page(bottom). The low numbers surprised me. With the age of XFCE and the forum I would of expected higher numbers.

PhepwQR.png

Last edited by eriefisher (2020-05-30 14:12:17)

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#2 2020-05-30 22:54:26

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Surprisingly low numbers

This forum isn't as busy as some other forums. Some of the threads have a lot of views though.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-05-30 23:23:22

File Manager

eriefisher wrote:

I just noticed this on the Index page(bottom). The low numbers surprised me. With the age of XFCE and the forum I would of expected higher numbers.

How many other desktop environments have a dedicated forum? I think Xfce is the winner in that category.

#4 2020-05-30 23:32:38

MrEen

Before I joined here, I often found what I needed with searches that pointed here, as well as some other forums. The one constant regardless of where the answers were located, was the poster 2 posts above this reply. ToZ here, ToZ on the Ubuntu forum, ToZ on the Arch forum. Oh, and ToZ on some of the bug report sites.

Sometimes on the Mint forum when I can't help with an Xfce issue and no one else is able to help, I'll direct the OP to come here and try. It's worked every time so far.

I am a bit surprised that the ratio of topics to users is so close, but there's a lot of good info here. I've learned the vast majority of my Xfce-specific know-how from this forum.

Last edited by MrEen (2020-05-30 23:33:18)

#5 2020-05-30 23:43:53

MountainDewManiac

Well, GNOME does, but they're running it on Discourse forum software for some reason, so it probably doesn't get much traffic. Plus, most folks probably just ask their question on an Ubuntu-related forum for that one.

KDE does. MATE's website suggests the Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Mint, and Ubuntu forums (and something called subreddit). I couldn't find a website for Cinnamon, but if there is one, it probably recommends using the Mint community forum, because Clem (and other Mint developers?) seems to be the developer. I've no idea in regards to the other DEs, WMs, et cetera.

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#6 2020-08-18 00:49:32

Compositoron

MrEen wrote:

Before I joined here, I often found what I needed with searches that pointed here, as well as some other forums. The one constant regardless of where the answers were located, was the poster 2 posts above this reply. ToZ here, ToZ on the Ubuntu forum, ToZ on the Arch forum. Oh, and ToZ on some of the bug report sites.

Sometimes on the Mint forum when I can't help with an Xfce issue and no one else is able to help, I'll direct the OP to come here and try. It's worked every time so far.

I am a bit surprised that the ratio of topics to users is so close, but there's a lot of good info here. I've learned the vast majority of my Xfce-specific know-how from this forum.

Same situation here. This forum has almost all of the solutions  (ToZ delivers tons of info, besides few other members) I could think of.
I guess when something works as well as Xfce and these forums exist then there is not much need to rewrite/or ask the same questions.

Board footer