Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-05-14 20:42:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: context menu selected item highlighting not visible

Citizen Snips wrote:

(xfce4-appfinder:84057): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:46:28.897: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

There it is.

Am I correct in assuming that if I install that theme engine my colors will display correctly?

I believe so, yes. But unfortunately, you don't have root access to install it.

Edit: Are you able to download the murrine package (something like gtk-engine-murrine or gtk-murrine-engine)? You might be able to install the library file locally and run it - but you need to get the properly built version.

Last edited by ToZ (2020-05-14 20:55:18)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#27 2020-06-03 21:21:42

Citizen Snips

After the engines were installed I switched to the Greybird-Dark theme in both the "Appearance" and "Window Manager" settings, then ran the following commands:

pkill xfdesktop
xfsettingsd --replace
xfce4-panel -r

After that, things look basically correct except for one issue: the title text of buttons, such as the "Applications" button, and windows on the taskbar is a very dark gray, which is almost impossible to read against the slightly less dark gray color of the taskbar itself.  All other text in windows, menus, etc. is white and easily readable against the dark gray background.  Why is the taskbar behaving differently from everything else?  There are no longer any errors in my VNC session log file, although I do see messages such as the following:

(xfce4-panel:130126): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 16:14:31.213: IA__gtk_widget_show: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

How can I fix the taskbar text color?

#28 2020-06-03 23:18:04

ToZ
Administrator

Try adding the following to ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

style "panel-text" 
{ 
   fg[NORMAL] = "#ff0000" 
}
widget "*Xfce*Panel*" style "panel-text"

...and change "#ff0000" (red) to the colour of your choice as an #RRGGBB value.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#29 2020-06-04 16:08:57

Citizen Snips

That changed the color of the taskbar text and the boxes in the Workspace Selection area to white.  Where are these colors being set by default?  Also is it possible to change the color of the various workspace boxes in the Workspace Selection area?  Right now they are almost the exact same color as the taskbar itself, which again makes them hard to distinguish.

#30 2020-06-04 16:30:56

ToZ
Administrator

Citizen Snips wrote:

That changed the color of the taskbar text and the boxes in the Workspace Selection area to white.

Did you set a white colour "#ffffff" or does the red colour "$ff0000" display as white?

Where are these colors being set by default?

Your theme's gtkrc file.

Also is it possible to change the color of the various workspace boxes in the Workspace Selection area?  Right now they are almost the exact same color as the taskbar itself, which again makes them hard to distinguish.

See: https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=55100#p55100

#31 2020-06-04 17:22:50

Citizen Snips

ToZ wrote:
Citizen Snips wrote:

That changed the color of the taskbar text and the boxes in the Workspace Selection area to white.

Did you set a white colour "#ffffff" or does the red colour "$ff0000" display as white?

Oops, I should have clarified - I set a white color of #ffffff.  It was red when I used #ff0000.

Board footer