Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-26 00:13:23

AlanSmithee

Xfce4 Screensaver Lock Freeze Problems

Hello,

I am having an issue with my XFCE4 DE. I am currently using Linux Mint with XFCE4 desktop, on a Dell Latitude 7490 Laptop.

I want to make sure my laptop locks when I shut the lid, because I might not remember to lock beforehand and I want it to be secure without me having to think about it. But when I shut my lid using Mint with XFCE4, the computer freezes except the mouse, which is the only thing that responds, nothing else does, and my background becomes blue. I am forced to turn off my computer when this happens. It has been a primary issue since I decided to use XFCE4 on Lint Mint, and I want to get it resolved.

After alot of testing, I found out what the reason was, XFCE4's Screensaver option: "Lock Screen with System Sleep". But I have no idea how I can resolve this so my screen can lock when I shut the lid, I currently have it on suspend. That seemed to work until today, it might have been the Kernel upgrade.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this bug so my laptop locks on lid close without freezing?

Edit: Disabling "Lock Screen with System Sleep" only makes it so my computer does not freeze when I close the lid, but still fails to lock.

Edit2: I am still only a year new to linux so I just recently learned how to do journalctl, and I tested it and this is what journalctl seems to report

: wlp2s0: CTRL-EVENT-SIGNAL-CHANGE above=1 signal=-16 noise=9999 txrate=144400
dhclient[1504]: DHCPREQUEST of 192.168.1.157 on wlp2s0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x62ed8af2)
systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 1390 (lightdm) with signal SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 1406 (lightdm-greeter) with signal SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 1407 (slick-greeter) with signal SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 1426 (at-spi-bus-laun) with signal SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 1431 (dbus-daemon) with signal SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 1433 (at-spi2-registr) with signal SIGTERM.

Last edited by AlanSmithee (2020-07-03 01:04:08)

Board footer