Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-31 09:45:10

Bungle

[Solved] Does Session and Auto startup belongs to xfwm4?

I plan to change my wm to awesome wm for light weight.
I am worry that auto startup feature become off because i don't have enough time to study awesome to replicate auto startup. I want mild, gradual change so that i can learn awesome wm + lua slowly. Is auto startup belongs to xfwm4?

One more question.
Is Display in xfce setting belongs to xfwm4 too? cause setting dual monitor through it is quite easy for me (than xrandr? or something)

My future plan is deleting unnecessary things for me from xfce DE and awesome maybe the first step i want to try.

Last edited by Bungle (2020-08-04 03:53:46)

#2 2020-07-31 11:06:09

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Does Session and Auto startup belongs to xfwm4?

Bungle wrote:

I am worry that auto startup feature become off because i don't have enough time to study awesome to replicate auto startup. I want mild, gradual change so that i can learn awesome wm + lua slowly. Is auto startup belongs to xfwm4?

No, xfce4-session manages autostart.

One more question.
Is Display in xfce setting belongs to xfwm4 too? cause setting dual monitor through it is quite easy for me (than xrandr? or something)

No. Display settings are managed by xfce4-settings package.

My future plan is deleting unnecessary things for me from xfce DE and awesome maybe the first step i want to try.

Xfce is pretty light as it is, which components do you consider "unnecessary"?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-08-04 03:51:48

Bungle

Re: [Solved] Does Session and Auto startup belongs to xfwm4?

ToZ wrote:
Bungle wrote:

No, xfce4-session manages autostart.

One more question.

No. Display settings are managed by xfce4-settings package.

Xfce is pretty light as it is, which components do you consider "unnecessary"?

I might be confused about xfce goodies which archlinux pacman provides. When i delete them i consider xfce is quite essential. Thanks for your answer. Anyway, i want to try awesome, considering it will be nice experience to try something not given as default out of box.

Last edited by Bungle (2020-08-04 03:52:58)

Board footer