Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-12 00:29:14

mint4all

Notification Plugin: No natifications from Network Manager (NM-Applet)

Although the notifications plugin (Xfce4-notifyd v4.14.) properly logs my system's notifications from pulseaudio (volume changes, mute/unmute), and thunderbird's incoming emails, the network manager's notifications (connect, disconnect etc.) only appear in the notification-popup. They are are not being logged by the notifications plugin. Is this a known issue, or a new observation/bug?

Thanks for looking into this.

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#2 2020-08-12 00:51:34

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Notification Plugin: No natifications from Network Manager (NM-Applet)

Have a read through this old closed bug report for an explanation

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-08-16 15:03:57

mint4all

ToZ wrote:

Have a read through this old closed bug report for an explanation

Thanks for the link. Yes, I read this old bureport and understand the underlying reasoning. However, today's networking world has "evolved" quite a bit since then, esp. in the often congested wifi scenario. For example, i find it very helpful to be able to backtrack on NM-applet's notifications when a long download fails, or a complex wifi-print job doesn't complete. Obviously, as you can see from the screenshot below...Notifications-4-14.png
the requested logging of "all" apps doesn't really mean "all" apps, right? So in pursuit of "user friendliness", would it help if I revived that old bugreport, and request a mod?

And while we're at this topic, perhaps I should respectfully mention that the pulse-audio app is not listed among the applications, but faithfully logs  every change in volume (useless imo) in addition to any mute/unmute (very useful)?

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#4 2020-08-16 19:23:35

ToZ
Administrator

mint4all wrote:

So in pursuit of "user friendliness", would it help if I revived that old bugreport, and request a mod?

Feel free to create a new bug report to see what the developer thinks.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2020-08-17 15:16:10

mint4all

Thanks for your help -- bug report opened in the gitlab. Cheers, m4a

Board footer