Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-30 07:30:06

Mr.Ash

Problem with launching programs from LibreOffice on the desktop

Hello! Please help me, I had a problem when I downloaded the latest version of LibreOffice and placed program shortcuts on the desktop.

the .desktop file 'Libreoffice7.0-writer.desktop' is in an unsafe location and is not marked executable. If you do not trust this program, click Cancel. Exec = libreoffice7.0 --writer% U

#2 2020-09-30 10:28:30

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Problem with launching programs from LibreOffice on the desktop

Hello and welcome.

It's a security feature. If you trust the shortcut, then right-click the shortcut and on the Permissions tab, there is an option to "Allow this file to run as a program".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-09-30 13:54:35

Mr.Ash

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

It's a security feature. If you trust the shortcut, then right-click the shortcut and on the Permissions tab, there is an option to "Allow this file to run as a program".

Thanks for the answer! In the "Permissions" item, I have the owner root and the rest of the columns Access, Group, Access, etc. are inactive. The item "Program" with the checkbox "Allow this file to run as a program" is inactive and below there is a warning sign and the text "Permission to run unverified programs poses a security risk to your system." How can I fix this?

#4 2020-09-30 14:38:22

ToZ
Administrator

Looks like root owns the desktop file. Did you copy it using a root account? You'll need to change the ownership of that file to your user account so that you can make that change.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2020-09-30 16:51:41

Mr.Ash

Thank you very much! Everything turned out well!

Board footer