Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-10 23:21:34

gerfan

Minimised applications as separate windows, not a "numbered" group

I'm currently using XFCE 4.14, with xfwm4 and xfdesktop version 4.14.2-lp152.1.2, on openSUSE Leap 15.2. This is the default install from openSUSE's standard repos.

When minimising two (or more) windows of the same application (e.g. two instances of an XFCE-related application such as Thunar, or a non-XFCE-related application such as Firefox etc.), XFCE will group these together at the bottom of the screen and put a "2" over them. Due to this, when re-maximising a window I must click first to open the group, then again to choose the window I want. i.e., the process takes two clicks.

In a previous version of XFCE (my apologies - I don't know the version number as I have recently upgraded), these two instances would be minimised to two *separate* windows at the bottom of the screen, meaning that I could re-maximise my desired window with one click, rather than two, which was much better for me.

Is there any way to restore this original "non-grouped" behaviour, as having to click twice each time is rather time-consuming? I've looked through the options and documentation, and this forum, but have been unable to find anything on this. Thank you in advance.

#2 2020-10-10 23:42:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Minimised applications as separate windows, not a "numbered" group

Hello and welcome.

gerfan wrote:

Is there any way to restore this original "non-grouped" behaviour, as having to click twice each time is rather time-consuming? I've looked through the options and documentation, and this forum, but have been unable to find anything on this. Thank you in advance.

In the Properties dialog of the Windows Buttons plugin, in the "Behavior" section, there is a "Window grouping" option. Set it to Never.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-10-11 00:11:25

gerfan

Re: Minimised applications as separate windows, not a "numbered" group

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I had some trouble finding that option but got there in the end. For anyone who may be having the same problem, it was in:

Settings > Panel > Items tab > double click "Window Buttons"

Thanks again.

Board footer