Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-18 13:10:10

froggy8x

Terminal menu too long for my screen and has no option to resize

When I go into the preferences of Kali Linux, the menu is longer than the screen size available. Consequently, some options and buttons are being cut off, and there is no option to maximize the window, and the window won't resize below a certain length, which still isn't enough for me to see the rest of the menu. Is there some way to add a scroll to the window or resize it further? How can I fix it? Thank for any feedback you may have big_smile
Picture of issue: https://imgur.com/am6BEWP
Note that this is the smallest that the menu will go in terms of width and height.

Last edited by froggy8x (2020-10-18 13:16:21)

#2 2020-10-18 15:42:54

MrEen

Re: Terminal menu too long for my screen and has no option to resize

Hi froggy8x, and welcome to the foroum.

If you press and hold the Alt key, then "grab" the window using the left mouse button, can you drag the menu up so you can see what's below?

#3 2020-10-18 16:38:05

froggy8x

MrEen wrote:

Hi froggy8x, and welcome to the forum.

If you press and hold the Alt key, then "grab" the window using the left mouse button, can you drag the menu up so you can see what's below?

Nope, I can't. The menu also doesn't have the usual minimize, maximize and close buttons that every other window has. sad

#4 2020-10-18 18:24:11

MrEen

Okay, in the Menu I have under Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility tab, the option "Key used to grab and move windows:" set to the ALT key. Maybe Kali defaults to something else?

Board footer