Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-31 14:49:33

CwF

Right click in menu to edit launcher broke?

Typically in the past a right click on a menu entry will bring up the edit launcher for that menu item. Now it  executes the entry like a left click would. Is this new, or is something broke?

This from a bare desktop right click into the menu, expand in the applications section, right click on the entry to edit, to check the command entry and customize.

One example is Debian Bullseye i386/i686 I just made and it is xfce 4.16.

Perhaps this has changed, however another example I saw this behavior on an earlier amd64 a year ago that self corrected through update attrition or some other magic. That one is scraped I think, and other less current examples still launch the edit launcher dialog on a right click, launch the program with a left click.

This is not from the Applications Menu plugin, just from the bare desktop.
Confused!?

#2 2020-12-31 17:01:16

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Right click in menu to edit launcher broke?

I've been looking at this and can confirm what you are seeing. The code (here and here) would indicate that it is possible and that there is a setting for it.

It defaults to FALSE.

Changing that code to "TRUE" makes it function again. However, I can't seem to figure out how to enable the "right-click-edits" setting. In 4.12, this is how I was able to enable it, but it appears to have changed.

Perhaps a bug report?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-12-31 17:40:39

CwF

Re: Right click in menu to edit launcher broke?

Thank you ToZ.
I will look into things here...

Board footer