Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-04 02:00:14

xfceuuser

xfce theme: file manager folder icons never change

hey people,
everytime i install a new theme for all users on debian testing with xfce, the folder icons in thunar never change, they stay yellow. how to start diagnosing the issue?

thank you.

#2 2021-01-04 02:44:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce theme: file manager folder icons never change

Hello and welcome.

xfceuuser wrote:

how to start diagnosing the issue?

Make sure the theme you are using has different file icons. Also ensure that you don't have any icon setting overrides in your ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini (GTK3) or ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (GTK2) files.

If you would like some more detailed assistance, it would be helpful if you identified the version of Xfce and Thunar that you are running and the icon theme that you are trying to use (and how you installed it).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-02-22 10:23:49

Valdo

Re: xfce theme: file manager folder icons never change

xfceuuser wrote:

hey people,
everytime i install a new theme for all users on debian testing with xfce, the folder icons in thunar never change, they stay yellow. how to start diagnosing the issue?

thank you.

Hello,
I fixed this problem on my Ubuntu 20.10 XFCE environment by installing CAJA as the file manager.

---

Bonjour,
j'ai résolu ce problème sur mon Ubuntu 20.10  environnement XFCE en installant CAJA comme gestionnaire de fichier.

bureau-caja.png home-caja.png gestion-dossier-caja.png

Val.

Windows is the most stable system in the world.
Bill GATES (Famous humorist)

Board footer