Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-05 17:25:42

thinkpadx

is there any way to keep windows from going off screen?

posted this on another forum and no resolution.  is there anyway from keeping windows from being dragged off of the desktop/screen?

#2 2021-01-05 18:07:10

ToZ
Administrator

Re: is there any way to keep windows from going off screen?

What do you mean by "dragged off the screen"? Your mouse cursor shouldn't leave the screen to be able to do this. Or are you talking about multiple screens?

Can you provide more detail? Especially around your system setup.

On my laptop (one screen), I have "Automatically tile windows when reaching the screen edge" enabled and the window never leaves the screen.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-01-05 20:00:18

thinkpadx

ok - sorry for the lack of info - i thought i was clear.  i move certain windows around because i like them in certain places and there is no REMEMBER SIZE and LOCATION so i have to manually move them - some i like near top left for example.  when i move them it is quite easy to start going off the desktop - i only use one sreen and one workspace.  is there a way to have that edge the end of any movement past that edge?  however i do not want them or all of them to be stuff to edges or not being able to move them around where i need as i need.  i would like an auto stop at the edge - however i do not want any subtle movement to go sending them to the edge automatically either.  is that clearer?  Thanks ToZ!!!

Last edited by thinkpadx (2021-01-05 22:55:54)

#4 2021-01-05 22:50:22

ToZ
Administrator

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm not aware of any method or function to lock windows to a screen geometry using xfwm4. The only thing that might work would be a tiling window manager - where window dimensions are preset depending on the layout.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2021-01-05 22:58:53

thinkpadx

Hmmmm?????   Ok seems like there should be a way to keep the window on desktop instead of over the edge of the laptop.  thanks so much.  if i get i working or figure it out i will let you know.

running e or maybe moksha there was a box/setting to check for keep all windows on screen!  it also had the remeber size and position too.  i just do not want the windows to drag past the edge of the desktop screen.

:-)))

Board footer