Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-20 21:06:32

avram-meir

Is it possible to style the window boxes in the workspace switcher?

Hello!

I am using a dark theme and have the workspace switcher (wnck-pager) on a panel. When windows are open in a workspace, they show up on the workspace switcher with an icon and a white border around the window. Is it possible to change/remove this white border in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css? I added some styling to the workspace switcher there (blue background for selected, gray for hover), but I cannot find any css elements targeting the windows within the workspace switcher. Playing with border and border-color do not seem to do anything.

I am running XFCE v4.14 on Ubuntu 20.04 (focal fossa) in a crouton chroot on ChromeOS if that information is helpful.

Thanks so much!

#2 2021-01-20 23:43:31

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Is it possible to style the window boxes in the workspace switcher?

Hello and welcome

avram-meir wrote:

Hello!

I am using a dark theme and have the workspace switcher (wnck-pager) on a panel. When windows are open in a workspace, they show up on the workspace switcher with an icon and a white border around the window. Is it possible to change/remove this white border in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css? I added some styling to the workspace switcher there (blue background for selected, gray for hover), but I cannot find any css elements targeting the windows within the workspace switcher. Playing with border and border-color do not seem to do anything.

I am running XFCE v4.14 on Ubuntu 20.04 (focal fossa) in a crouton chroot on ChromeOS if that information is helpful.

Thanks so much!

Try something like:

#pager-4 { color: blue; }

...where pager-4 is the name of the actual widget that you can get by hovering over it in the Panel Properties > Items tab. This will affect the border color.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-01-20 23:53:59

avram-meir

Re: Is it possible to style the window boxes in the workspace switcher?

That did it! I used:

$pager-22 { color: transparent; }

and the workspace switcher looks great now. Thanks so much!

Board footer