Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-04 23:29:55

vstuart
Website

[Alt-Tab] Cycle windows in active window?

This behavior appears to be new to the Xfce 4.16 settings? As far as I recall, when I Alt-Tab cycled through windows (as a list, per the "Window Manager Tweaks" settings), that popup occurred in the active monitor.

Now it always opens on my left (Primary) monitor.

I have (e.g.) "Window Manager Tweaks" : "Focus" : "Bring window on current workspace" checked, but it has no effect.

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/4.16/wmtweaks

How can I restore the previous behavior (opening that dialog on the current, active, focused monitor)?

Aside: no search in "Settings", and search in "Settings Editor" is not working.

#2 2021-02-05 02:06:32

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Alt-Tab] Cycle windows in active window?

Yes. That was changed in this commit. Rationale included in the commit comments.

I think if you unset the Primary monitor (not define a primary monitor) it will appear on your current monitor.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-02-05 02:43:49

vstuart
Website

Re: [Alt-Tab] Cycle windows in active window?

Hi ToZ: I thought so; thank you for the quick reply.  I'm sure there are good reasons for that commit.

I tried unsetting the "Primary Display" in "Settings:Display", but as soon as I unselected it, it auto-reselected.

Ditto when unchecking the "Primary" setting in "Settings Editor:displays:{Default | Fallback}".

No worries; I don't want to force it.

I'll miss that Alt-Tab cycling functionality on the current monitor; however, it's a minor nuisance.

Best regards ...

Addendum: related discussion (for others similarly interested).

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=14599

Last edited by vstuart (2021-02-05 03:08:37)

Board footer